Tuesday, 15 April 2008

Yoo Hoo!

When I ordered my latest lot of High Hope stamps I had tough time trimming the list down but there was one I had to have and it was this owl, simply because it was called 'Frances Owl'! My very own owl, how could I not get her?!

So I inked her up today and used up the left over bits of paper from my DT card for CTT (that one will have to wait till Thursday). I used my new BG 'archiac' pad which landed on my doorstep today (along with my new lola stamps plus some fab clear stamps from US I can't wait to use :D). I love all the rustic earthy colours and thought they were perfect for my HH jungle images.

I have to say I really love this card. You know what I mean, some cards aren't that great to you even though other people tell you they are and then once in a while you'll make one that will make you go 'Ooo'! Think it must be the colours and layers which I love, hope you do too!

Materials:
  • Image: 'Frances Owl' High Hopes stamp coloured with prismas/sansodor and glossy accents over her beak and talons. Stickles on the flowers and leaves
  • Papers: from BG Archiac pad. Also lots of cuttlebug embossing and die cutting going on, too many to list but you should be able to see. Really liked how my scallop frame turned out. It was a nesties diecut which I then embossed using the ink brayering method. Wanted to give it a distressed wood grain feel.
  • Others: Sentiment printed off pc and SU word window punch. Flower brad, ribbons and gems from stash.
Just hopped on over to Arty Girlz challenge and have realised this card fits the bill for this weeks' challenge, which is ribbons. Fluke or what?!

19 comments:

nessy said...

i can see the owl looks just like you !! LOL
another fab creation from you!!
so how many did you get this list down too??
vanessa xx

ink'n'rubba said...

twit twooo! what a fabulous card you have made with the owl stamp and those gorgeous papers!

nessy said...

ps fran ,(just seen your comment on my blog)~ got the xmas kit as well!!!in the same cupboard!( even have the extra ribbons)LOL
vanessa xx

Stempelchaotin said...

Oh Fran this is absolutely gorgeous. Love the owl.

crissi said...

Fabulous card frances love all the layering and them yummy papers and the owl is dead cute.
Thanks for joining in withthe Arty Girlz challenge.

crisi xx

Debbie said...

Fab card,Gorgeous papers

Monika said...

wonderful card fran,love all the papers

Silvia said...

Beautiful, love all the wonderful details.

Diane.W. said...

Very nice! I wondered if you had her!!!! I saw her & thought of you,if you know what I mean,lol!!! :o)x

Suzanne said...

wow your own owl and what a cuttie she is....Fabulous papers and layout a real stunner. Sue :o)

Marge Robertson said...

Yes, Fran, I know exactly what you mean & I have to agree; love it!!!

Andrea, said...

He is so cute Fran and is perfect with those papers. I was going to order him but didn't, still managed to order lots more High Hopes though!!

debby4000 said...

She's gorgeous and great colours.

Deb said...

Fantastic card, love the cute owl and those papers are beautiful, have them on my desk today!

Jo said...

You're right...fantastic card and those papers are scrummy!!

Jane said...

Fantastic card, love the colours and how lucky is that Owl being named after you :)

leann said...

I thought of you when I first saw this stamp!
Gorgeous card :)

rattytatty@fsmail.net said...

Beautiful card. love al;l the layering and I can see why you had to have the stamp its lovely and being your own owl as well . We all need excuses LOL

Katharina said...

I love this card too Fran! Great layout and the image is toooo cute. Just got her yesterday. Have to play with her soon!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin