Monday, 21 April 2008

Tilda & Co: Girly but Blue

Hope you all had a lovely Sunday, I made this last night for this week's tilda & Co challenge but it was a bit late (and technically Mon) so I'd thought I'd leave till the morning to post.

Theme this week is to make a girly card but in blues. Decided to do a scene card (as I wanted to use my new flower stamp !) and also I wanted to keep the layout simple thinking it would be quicker (P'ah, was it heck! No matter how I try, my cards eek out of me, I'll sit and move bits round and dither for ages). Anyway, here's the finished card, hope you like

Materials:

  • Images: All Magnolia stamps (except the grass which is a mini Studio G set) stamped Tilda and the bird first, then the flowers before I decided I wanted a bit more depth so then just masked them and stamped the grass and tree round them. All coloured with Prismas/Sansodor then glossy accents on her boots and the round balloon. Stickles glue on the flowers, bird and the other balloon.
  • Paper: from BG 'Boxer' pad.
  • Others: Ribbon from the fab blog candy I won a while back off Marlene. Party typed with Dymo then punched with SU word window punch.

Hubby-free today so should have more time and may be back later. Popping out now to go gather more stash LOL (only after some of the new Dovecraft paperpacks I saw over the weekend. After stamps, think patterned paper is my next weakness!)

16 comments:

Shary said...

Gorgeous card Fran and the scene looks just right.

Diane.W. said...

You have made a lovely scene! enjoyed the blue theme :o)x

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card love the way you have done the scene I might have to buy a tree now.

ink'n'rubba said...

love the scene with your new stamps! now I wish I had ordered those!

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, love that Tilda can't believe its one I haven't got so will have to remedy that. Beautiful scene you've made.

Debbie said...

Oh wow this is such a lovely card .. its stunning .. love the image and the colours and the layout ... love it
Debbie
:-))

ScrapMetal said...

What a gorgeous card, your colours are so stunning. I love the scene that you have created.

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Beautiful card - the scene is lovely.

Anne said...

Beautiful!!! Still got a lot to learn with my colouring...

Jo said...

Fran this is absolutely gorgeous!

nathmael said...

whaouuuu j'dore ta carte est elle fantastique!!!

CraftyC said...

Wow, this card is so pretty, love it!
Clairexx

Cathy said...

Super scene card. Love everything about your card.

Kathy said...

What a beautiful card!! I love the papers and the ribbon!! Also your scene is awesome!! Love the bird in the tree too!! I just love it!!!

traciejane said...

Stunning card Fran, I love your little scene - gorgeous :-)x

mariaadams said...

This is a seriously gorgeous card!I love it!
Maria x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin