Monday, 7 April 2008

Tilda & Co Challenge: Stitch Me Up

Having got over the shock of winning, I managed to make this week's card which was to use stitches on your card, in one form or another, real or faux.

As you can see from my recent posts I have been trying my hand at crocheting flowers for embellishments so was perfect for this challenge. I chose the 2 that I was happiest with and based my card round them then added more faux sitches for good measure.

Materials:

  • Image: 'Tilda with broom' coloured with prismas/sansodor and pearlescent watercolours. Faux stitching and distressed edges then inked all round for distressed raw edge look. Haven't quite perfected this, my card was too thick and I get frightened that I'll overdo it!
  • Card/Paper: Made base card of 5x5 square then embossed it with criss cross lines using my Scor-Pal. Torn corner paper from 'venetian skies' papermania paper pack. Edges stamped with faux zig zag stitches from a HOTP stamp set.
  • Others: ribbon and pearl brad from stash, crochet flowers hand made

19 comments:

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous card Fran, I love the colours and your faux stitching looks great. Your handmade flowers are so pretty

Nancy said...

looks great! love the tilda

Katharina said...

So cute Fran. Love the layout and Tilda of course :)

kraftykathy1 said...

like how you combined both your talents together

Kathy said...

Sorry to be an enabler!!! But those images are cute, right???

This card is adorable - the colors are fabulous and your flower looks so pretty!!!

Mephisto said...

Oh cute. I love it.

Domi

Joan and Amy said...

She is very cute. I love the little crocheted flower. Joan

Deb said...

This is fabulous, loving your faux stitching and that crochet flower is fantastic!

tiina38 said...

Very nice card!
mine,
http://www.tiina38.vuodatus.net/blog/1229467

Diane.W. said...

Gorgeous card & v clever crocheted flowers!!! :o)x

mar1ene said...

Gorgeous flowers, and the colours ate positively yummie :)

Fab!!

debby4000 said...

Lovely Fran, the faux stitching looks real and your crochet flowers are beautiful.

little angel said...

really lovely!
little angel
http://lepetitmondedechristine.over-blog.com

Shary said...

Oo lovely Fran wish I could get those flowers right, yours are fab!

Tarasdesigns said...

stunning card, another winner!

Tara x

Suzanne said...

Oh Fran this is gorgeous I love the colours and layout. Sue :o)

ink'n'rubba said...

such a pretty card and I am so impressed with your flowers!

Jo said...

Beautiful card Fran...the colours are gorgeous, as is your flower :)

Chatdoro said...

superbe carte, j'adore. Bises Chatdoro

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin