Wednesday, 2 April 2008

Tilda & Co: All mixed up

Had a bit of fun with this week's tilda challenge, which was to combine 2 different stamps to make a new image. There are some great combinations by the DT which you can see here (and if you can tell which 2 stamps where used on all of them then you really are a Magnolia addict!) but I finally settled for a mix of Edwin and William (Hubby suggested William's head onto 'Tilda with straw hat's' body!!!!!!!!!! Men!!!!)


Here they are pre-op

and this is Willwin after the transplant! Think he looks quite smart, what do you think (oh, I also think William looks particulary chinese when I colour him with black hair, so much so, that he looks like my 22yr old nephew, which I think is very funny - may have to give him this card, though he may not see the likeness LOL)

Materials:
  • 'Willam with flower' & 'Tuffe Edwin' coloured with prismas/sansodor and highlighted with my pearly watercolours - really shiny IRL
  • Papers:last years Papermania Blk& white paper pack. Copper metallic card for matting from DCWV metallic stack
  • Others: Giant eyelets, ribbon and gems from stash. Sentiment typed with Dymo

20 comments:

Donna ~*~ Tilda & Co ~*~ said...

fran that card is great! it made me laugh lots, it has given " cool edwin" a whole new look & feel.

Thanks for joining in the fun

Deb said...

So fantastic, I love this challenge it is so much fun. I think Willwin looks fabulous

Diane.W. said...

This is fab,I laughed out loud when I scrolled down to see the combo!!!!:o)x

nessy said...

what a fun card - made me smile and love those colours together!!
vanessa xx

Shary said...

Lol great mix Fran. Your card looks fab!

Andrea, said...

Fabulous card Fran, he looks so cool

Jo said...

Well done Fran, this is excellent!! Hope you win, this is definitely the best one I've seen :)

esther said...

not only great mag mix but great colour mix to! I can see that he has got chinese in his blood! hee hee :)

fairymadjo said...

wow stunning card,jo x

Vicki said...

This is fab Fran, love your take on the 'mix-up' theme. Have to say I love those new Magnolia stamps, they are sooooo cute. I know lots of peeps aren't so sure. But I can't wait to get mine. There's a challenge on my blog, if your interested xx vicki xx

Kelly said...

Wow creative - very cute!

Kathy said...

Very cool!! I like him so much more dressed like that!!!! Great job with that challenge....

debby4000 said...

Brilliant Fran, love how the goblins look from their makeover.

Katharina said...

This is such a cool card!

Tova said...

Love colors and the "teenager style", lol

Suzanne said...

This is the best one so far it just works so well I love it...great sketch too!! Sue :o)

Tracey said...

Brilliant Mix

flati said...

Great work!!he looks so cool...
xxx

Jo said...

I told you it was a winner!! Congratulations!!

Elizabeth said...

Fabulous card. Great transformation!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin