Tuesday, 22 April 2008

Sweet Sugar Challenge: no DP /DCM: hot & spicy

Been a very productive day for me cardwise, must be the weather. It's been a glorious sunny day, actually feels like spring is finally here, lets hope it stays (then again, if it does I'm gonna have to mow the lawn soon :( ).

Managed to finish my 2 DT cards, another one I can't show yet as the recipient reads my blog and I haven't sent it yet and finally this one.

It's for 2 challenges; sweet sugar challenge which was not to use any patterned paper on your card and DCM this week was 'hot & spicy' either in colours or theme. I went with spicy colours as I don't think teddies can be considered very risque LOL (well not this sort anyway)

Materials:
  • Image: lola 'teddies two' stamp coloured with prismas/sansodor, with a bit of stickles thne matted onto brown card using square scallop nestabilities
  • Background: orange pearlescent card blank embossed with paisley cuttlebug folder 2/3rds of the way. bottom third covered with white card which was embossed using swiss dots folder which was inked with antique linen distress ink first then swiped burnt sienna chalk ink over the dots after embossing.
  • Others: ribbon and gold 'cherish' peel off from stash.

Off to watch a bit of telly now (my weekly dose of CSI) then will try and do my weekly blog hop later, bit behind this week so if I haven't 'commented' recently, sorry! will be round soon probably when you're in bed :)

11 comments:

Diane.W. said...

Wow!!! That is stunning,I luv it!!!! :o)x

Suzanne said...

oh my they are so cute but look great with the hot and spicy great card. Sue :o)

Beth said...

This is adorable! I love everything you've used and how you've put it together! Fab!

Shary said...

Gorgeous card Frances and love those teddies! The colours you have used look just right too.

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous card Fran, the colours are fantastic and that stamp looks so different in these colours, great work

debby4000 said...

Great stamp it works really well with those colours to make a gorgeous card.

Jo said...

Oh, they are so cute! Nearly bought this one myself but went for High Hopes instead! Love all the colours you've used :)

tillymint said...

Oh wow, what a fantastic card! I just love the stamp and the colours are lovely!

mariaadams said...

WOW! I love this card, such a cute image. I haven't played with mine yet, but your card is a real inspiration.
Maria x

Anne said...

Great colours, love the embossing and the teddy image - beautifully coloured!

nessy said...

those stamps are just so , scrummy!! think i will have to get some ( jo king has help me spend all my money this month!! and she`s blames me!! as if!!)
fab card fran , love htose colours, just great with the bears!!
vanessa xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin