Wednesday, 23 April 2008

PTW Katharina's sketch#2/ Saturday's Workout

This week's PTW is a sketch set by Katharina which is fab but always takes me longer to fit all the bits together! I seem to be needing to use 5.5" square cards more too, even though I have tons of ready made card blanks in all other sizes under the sun I end up having to make my own!

Also thought I'd take part in the new challenge site Saturday's Workout which this week is to use distress inks. I've been meaning to practice colouring with my distress inks for a while now so thought this was as good an opportunity as ever. Dug out one of my old stamps for this, a flower fairy.

Turns out I need way more practice and better/different paper. It was going o.k until I tried to distress the edges and ended up putting too much on so then I had to keep going and add more to hide it! Hopefully you can't tell and it looks like it was intentional! I think it looks o.k at a distance just don't look too closely o.k, LOL. (The card edges and ribbon is a lovely shade of plum but for some reason looks brown in the photo)
Materials:
  • Image: 'Blackthorn Flower Fairy' by Inca stamps, used distress inks to colour, bit of stickles. 'Hello' part of 'sweet kids' set by crafty secrets
  • Papers: Laura Ashley Traditional pack plus blue bit from Brenda Pinnick scrap pack(finding some of the L Ashley papers a bit hard to match and use together by themselves).
  • Other bits from stash.

19 comments:

Stempelchaotin said...

Wow Fran this is absolutely lovely. Fabulous card. So gorgeous.

Thanks for this awesome entry to Saturday´s Workout.

Diane.W. said...

I think you have done a brilliant job!It's so pretty.
I would like to have a go at colouring with them too,but not got any at all,so would be expensive!!!! :o)x

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card Fran, that image is so pretty and your colouring is fab

WaldfrauAlexa said...

really loveley, i think too

Maria said...

Very pretty card. I have this stamp (somewhere...), thanks for reminding me what a pretty image it is. Must find it to have a play!
Maria x

debby4000 said...

Lovely card, and love that stamp.

stampingbalou said...

Oh my Gosh, Frances, your card is such an incredible one - love the background, the papers and the image for sure as well...

Thank you so much for participating Saturday´s Workout with such a brilliant creation !

Debbie said...

Beautiful card fran The image is fab

Suzanne said...

Oh what a fab card and your colouring id gorgeous love it. Sue :o)

bastelkueken said...

wow this is wonderful and fantastic - great - I love your design

Ila said...

This is Absolutley Beautiful!! Love th image and papers!!

Katharina said...

Wow, what a card Fran!! Great image and colouring, great papers and details. Perfect!

nessy said...

oooooooh she`s lovely!! so very diferent card for you , but as usual what ever you turn your hand too, it looks amazing!!
vanessa xx

betty said...

wow, this card is fantastic! great colouring! really beautiful!

ink'n'rubba said...

fabulous Fran, love the blackthorn fairy.

All Pink girl said...

Fran its beautiful ,i love the colouring it gives it extra detail ,great work ,Dawnx

My Little Space said...

Gorgeous card and fab papers!

Mandy

Richelle said...

Beautiful! love the colors.

steph said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin