Saturday, 12 April 2008

Just for ewe & another award

Here's one I made earlier in the week but saved for today as I know I don't usually have anything done at the weekends and didn't want you to stop by with nothing to look at!

It was a make it up as I went along type of card and I'm really pleased with the results. I bought some new staz on opaque ink in soft pink so wanted to try it out. Instead of an Acetate card I thought I'd try using something which I've had in my stash for years but not used (I mean years, probably 5) . The packet says it's 'Plasma Polycoat plastic' which just looks like a frosted version of acetate to me.

So anyway, cut and folded into square cardbase and stamped some swirls on it (Fancy pants stamps) which I thought looked lovely as it was so didn't want to hide it too much so just went for small simple image from my already stamped out stash (in this case, High Hopes 'ewenice' stamp), matted with my circle nesties with a larger circle inside the card for writing on then just finished off with a small sentiment (printed off pc and SU word window punch) and lots of gems. It's translucent so that when laid flat you can see the edges of inside circle. Here it is flat and also side on so you can get idea of what I mean.


It's a really soft shade of pink and very girly IRL.

Also, want to say thank you to Vanessa for giving me this award:

It really does make my day when I get awards like these and I would have to give this right back to Vanessa who has been so friendly and nice. I'm so glad we 'met' think it all started over a question you sent me about Magnolias wasn't it?! I in turn would like to give this to all the girls on the Tilda & friends forum I belong to. I'm so glad I joined, you are a great bunch, always so helpful and friendly and funnily enough all down to the love of Magnolias again!

On that note, I'm off to have a spot of lunch and then try and squeeze in a bit of craftiness before I'm off to work.

Have a good weekend blogging friends :)

*Hugs*

10 comments:

Diane.W. said...

Aww that card is fab! v unusual :o)x
p.s Where do you buy SU goodies from,please?

Andrea, said...

fab card Fran, I love the stamp he's a real cutie

Jo said...

Wonderful card Fran and original...just like ewe!!! Thanks so much for the award...you're right, it is a great group of gals!!

nessy said...

one of kind ~this card -it`s gorgeous fran!! all your cards are so inspirational!!
thanks for the award back!! yes we met on do-crafts ,when i asked about those stamps called magnolias!!(has anyone heard of them??)......... and look where it has led!!
thanks fran
vanessa xx

debby4000 said...

brilliant card, love the fancy pants stamp and the ewe.

Cardmaking Galore said...

This card is stunning, i love the use of the plastic and the swirls lift it up a lot! Stunning

Ying Pang, said...

this is a gorgeous card!! I love it.may I know what ink do you use to inked the fancy stamp? thanks.

ink'n'rubba said...

oo Fran - what a fabulous card! and how come it took you so long to use that frosted stuff - its made an amazing card!

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Love this card - what a great idea!

Tarasdesigns said...

Stunning, stunning card Fran

Tara x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin