Thursday, 24 April 2008

Ismaki #16: Vintage Sweet Kid

Right, back from my shopping trip (to find birthday present for my soon to be 9 yr old nephew - boy, it gets harder as they get older). Had a fantastic post day today, my Magnolia Spring club set arrived this morning, finally(!) PLUS some of the new Lily & Milo stamps from Glitterpot (which I couldn't resist yesterday) came too, how's that for service. Then to cap it all off, got home just in time as mail van came round with my Panduro stamps I ordered last week. So after I've posted this card which I made last night, I may be gone some time :)


So back to the card, it was for the Ismaki sketch, the optional extra which I've managed to use, is to use 4 different patterned papers. For this I used my Sweet kids crafty secrets set - I love these vintagey story book style drawings, so fell in love with them as soon as I clapped eyes on them. This one is a bit distressed looking (I was on a roll with my distress inks last night) and colours are a bit muted so may not be everyone's cup of tea. Base card is chocolate but looks darker in photo?!

Materials:

  • Images: Main image plus phrase is 'Sweet Kids' crafty secrets clear stamp. 'Happy Birthday down the side is a HOTP stamp. Coloured with distress inks and a bit of pearlescent paints
  • Papers: K & Co don't know the range it was a big value 12x12 pack I got off QVC last year (don't think I'll ever finish it as I still haven't got round to doing any scrapbooking).
  • Others: gems, flowers & brads from stash

Now what do I play with first . . . .?!

30 comments:

Stempelchaotin said...

Oh Fran this is brilliant. Precious card. Love it.

mu42800 said...

ta carte est amgnifique
j'adore el tampon et els couleurs tres en hamonie
bizz Mu

nathmael said...

ta carte est superbe!!!!!! le tampon est génial!!!!

Diane.W. said...

Gorgeous vintage card!
I think you should play with new Tildas 1st!!!!:o)x

titisonia said...

very wonderful card

Valérie said...

Very beautiful card ! I love the colors and the stamp ! Very great woork !

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous card. Ilove the image. Nikki x

cricri said...

very beautiful card

Andrea, said...

Fabulous vintage card Fran, that stamp is so cute

Nicole said...

Waouhhh j'adore elle est splendide!!!!Bizzz

nefertiti said...

waouh!!!!!!!!!!!i love it!!!so wonderful!!!!!!!!!

mar1ene said...

Fabulous!! you have been busy :P

Love it!

mariaadams said...

Great vintage card, Fran, I love it!
Maria x

sonic said...

Très jolie carte !! Les couleurs sont superbes !!

Kathy said...

This is beautiful Fran!! I love the vintagey feel to it!! The colors and everything are perfect!! Nice job....

Debbie said...

Fab card lovely vintage image

carelle said...

que dire d'autre que ...
SUPERBE!!!!!!!!!!! elle est magnifique!

chrychry said...

Très jolie carte, bravo

Kim said...

Well certainly my cup pf tea, it's beautiful......

Linda M said...

This is a fabulous card! Everything about it is lovely and professional.

Claudia said...

totally adorable

Jacqueline van der Sar said...

Really beautiful!!!

manue said...

What a great card!

nessy said...

fran this is sooooooooo(lost for words) delightful,amazing!!
love everything about it!! what stamps?? no i mustn`t look!!
more magnolias , surely not!! ooh so love the new ones ,is it shabby chic?? (would love to see your list!!)
vanessa xx
ps don`t see your tagged questions and answers??? LOL

Chatdoro said...

superbe carte j'adore. xx chatdoro

debby4000 said...

beautiful, love the vintage look works so well with the stamp

Shary said...

Fab card Frances. Looks really classy.

ink'n'rubba said...

Beautiful! and the image is so sweet (I've still got a couple of these to play with so thanks for the inspiration).

megastamper said...

oh frances your card is so beautiful and really perfect!!
thank you for your participation to my sketch.

michtou said...

fabuleuse!!! une merveille

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin