Friday, 18 April 2008

Ismaki #15: 'Whopper of a Birthday'

Ismaki sketch this week was a tough one as the obvious thing to go for was a window scene but I desperately wanted to use my new Crafty Secrets stamps which didn't really suit this sketch. However I was determined to use them so ended up with something I'm not that happy with it but I do love the images.
Materials:
  • Images & Sentiments: 'Fishing Buds' Clear stamp set by Crafty Secrets (American co. I got mine off Ebay) coloured with a bit of everything plus stickles on top of the fish! Distressed edges and added faux stitching as I wanted a more vintagey feel to go with the look of the stamps.
  • Paper: patterned piece from BG Pheobe paper pad. Added cardstock border cut with quickcutz border die.
  • Others: corners of images cut with EK success corner punch. Ric rac ribbon, brads and pearl gems from stash
Thanks for stopping by, hope you all have a lovely weekend.

20 comments:

Stempelchaotin said...

Oh my gosh Fran this is adorable. Supercute. Love it. Awesome.

Diane.W. said...

I like these stamps too,have looked at them before!!!
You have made them look so nice! :o)x

Valérie said...

Very beautiful card ! I love the stamp and the colors ! Very great work !

Jo said...

Great interpretation of the sketch Fran. Can you believe I've never heard of these stamps before but they're so sweet!

mar1ene said...

I do think its super cute and adore the paper!!

Marlene x

ink'n'rubba said...

what a gorgeous card! love the vintage stamps and the papers match the style perfectly!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, you done a brilliant job that sketch was hard this week. Love those stamps.

Anita Knits said...

It's great Fran, I like your interpretation of the challenge.

Anita Knits said...

It's great Fran, I like your interpretation of the challenge.

Val dulac said...

Adorable ! A gorgeeuos card ! Lovely stamps ! Bises ! Val

nessy said...

what fab stamps!!they are soo cute , see why you had to use them!!
vanessa xx

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Great card Fran - still in the process of making mine! It's a tricky one this week!

Debbie said...

Fab card I'm finding this sketch hard this week

mu42800 said...

geniale ta carte , les tmapons sont exceleltns bizz Mu

Ying Pang, said...

this a very gorgeous card, Fran.

Gwen said...

wow you are a brave one Fran! this looks like a tough sketch to me! you did a fantastic job!! love it!!

fairymadjo said...

ohhhhhhhhh stunning , i love the stamps you have used. jo x

Kathy said...

Oh my Frances I think it is too cute!!! One of the cutest ones with this sketch!!! I thought it was too hard but you did a great job!! Everything is adorable and those images are too cute for words!!!!

Christou said...

Very adorable card !!

cricri said...

very beautiuful card

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin