Saturday, 5 April 2008

High Hopes & more crochet playing!

Managed to make 1 card yesterday between working and trying to sort out other work stuff. Was in between challenges and it was quite nice just going with the flow and not working to any guidelines!

Decided to use one of my 'old' High hopes stamps before my new lot arrive (!) (all the animal/jungley type ones which I couldn't resist as I think they are fab for both sexes whereas I think all my Magnolias etc lend themselves more to be more girly cards IYKWIM).

Having said that I went more girly with this one with all the ribbon and the floral paper. It was supposed to be all nice, clean and simple lines, with the image matted centrally with just a bit of ribbon behind it but I just can't seem to go there, as you can see (oh and please ignore his dirty face/nose, forgot I coloured his nose in and smudged it whilst blending)!

Materials:
  • Image: 'Tink pickin posies' High Hopes stamp, coloured with prismas/sansodor and some stardust pens and stickles over the flowers.
  • Papers: DCWV floral prints paper stack and lilac one is from Papermania pack.
  • Others: white scallop strip I really love and that was from playing with an EK success corner adorner punch! It's the one called 'bubbles' I think. I used it on this card here as a corner punch but take the guard off and you can punch a along strip of paper to give you this fab lacey border. I love it when you can find other uses for a craft item don't you?! back to the card, ribbon, brad from stash and sentiment from studio G mini stamp set

Only other crafty thing I've done this weekend (besides buying more rubber stamps :D) was to play bit more with crocheting some more flowers. Managed to get some prettier pastel cotton during the week and also found some free crochet patterns online. Now, I am complete novice to crochet so had a tough time even working out what some of the pattern meant but fudged my way round a couple and quite pleased with what I ended up with, not sure if they'll ever get used :D but it was fun. My favourite is the blue one in top right of photo as it's double layered flower, just hope I can do it again! The purple one next to it is nothing like what it was supposed to be but I quite like what I ended up with!

Also before I run out of time again, I must thank Jo for giving me this award and Debby for awarding me with the 'Arte Y Pico' (my second one, love it!). All I can say is ditto! I'm going to be naughty again and not nominate just 5 people (or however many it's supposed to be) but to all my blogging friends I have made over the last 6 months! I really didn't expect much when I first started typing/talking to myself but I'm so glad I did now! You all really do make my day :D So have a lovely Saturday, hope the sun is shining where you are and see you again tomorrow!

16 comments:

Diane.W. said...

Aww,what a lovely blog!!!
Your card is fab,as ever!
You are so clever crocheting,I wouldn't know where to start & would end up in a right tangle!!!! ;O)x

Deb said...

Your card is fab Fran, I would never have noticed his smudged nose, just looks like shading! well done on mastering the crochet, I have yet to try that one!

kraftykathy1 said...

super cute card, and great flowers you crafty girl-you have been busy

nessy said...

lovely card -what a sweety!! gosh you have been busy how are your fingers??
vanessa xx

CraftyC said...

A super card!
Clairexx

mar1ene said...

Oh so cute Fran, and I can feel another spend coming on!! you are such a bad influence :P x

Shary said...

Oo lovely card Fran.

sigh :0( I tried the crocheting, got a new hook but think I got the wrong sort of wool. I went for one with several strands in it der! I need to go for a simple wool I think.
Yours look lovely though and make me want to try again.

Katharina said...

WOW Fran, I LOVE this HHs card. You did such a terrific job in colouring the little skunk. Can't wait to see with what you'll come up when your new stamps arrive :)

Andrea, said...

He is so cute Fran and a wonderful card. I thought of having a go at the crocheting, just need to get the things bought

Suzanne said...

This is soo stinking cute love everything bout it. Sue ;o)

ink'n'rubba said...

love your High Hopes card, that's one cute critter! and I am so impressed with your crochet flowers, all I can do is go round in circles!

Kelly said...

Gorgeous crochet flowers - great job!

Kathy said...

Adorable card!! That image is so cute and I love your matching ribbon and brad!!

Jo said...

Fantastic card and that image is so cute!

Nancy said...

OMG that skunk is SO CUTE!

Awesome job on the coloring.

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

This is just adorable. Such a cutie. The papers are also beautiful. I am such a fan of the High Hopes stamps. Hugs Nikki x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin