Monday, 21 April 2008

Fairy quick card

Hello again, I'm back. Didn't manage to get the new Dovecrafts paper not that I needed them but my Papermill shop didn't have them in yet. Usually they have them really early and when I'm not expecting them but the one time I am ?. . typical! Anyway, went to the art/craft shop instead (the only other crafty place in Liverpool centre that I know of) and got some stuff there instead. They had loads of lovely ribbons and gems look! Also, as I was at the till saw they had some copic markers reduced to £2 each (normal price £4.95!) so I got them just to see what they were like for myself as I've seen some wonderful cards using them and wanted to see what the difference was IRL compared to pencils and normal waterbased markers (these are alcohol based). I used them to make this quick card using my new bella stamp (It's not great as obviously only had the 3 colours to play with). Just added some stickles for extra sparkle.
They do colour beautifully for ink pens and obviously a lot quicker as no phaffing with stumps and sansodor plus the pens themselves are very pretty (as far as pens can be!). However, I will resist for now as they are pricey and you would need quite a few shades of each colour to get the shading I'm used to with my Prismas. even if I got them from US as I'd want at least the 72 set to start it's a lot of money. Putting my sensible head on it's more a 'nice to have' then 'must have' and I'm doing o.k with my Prismas. One for my present list I think!

10 comments:

Diane.W. said...

Aw thats a really nice card! I'm still waiting on my Bella order to arrive from my b'day!!!
Your new goodies look gorgeous :o)x

Debbie said...

Fab card Looks like you had a good day shopping

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card Fran, that fairy is so pretty. Enjoy your new goodies

Jules said...

Lovely card :o)

x

Gwen said...

oh! this is so cute! love the glitter...also love all your new gems!! a girl can never have to many!!! :)

Marge Robertson said...

Hi, Fran!

Very gorgeous card! I think it will be a really long time before I invest in Copics!!

craftyson said...

Fran i love your cards you make with the Prisma pencils so don't think you need Copic marker, lol.
Can i ask the best place to buy Prismas?? Also would 48 pencils be enough to play with

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Lovin' the sparkle...fab card...great stash!

Jo said...

Great card Fran and some new goodies as well!

Anita Knits said...

Oh why dont I live near liverpool - copic sketch markers at £2 - bargain. Have to say I love them, though they are pricey, sometimes you can have a bargain on ebay, but you have to keep checking - I got a set of orginal markers for £22 for 12.
Great card, tried getting hold of that stamp from First Class Crafts but they sold out straight away, have had to make do with one of th other fairy bellas.

Have a good day.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin