Monday, 28 April 2008

DCM: Distressed

DCM this week was to distress your card but I think I've only slightly perturbed mine LOL, as it's just a bit of tearing but it still counts right?!

Materials

  • 'First Love' Lily & Milo clear stamp from Glitterpot. Matted and layered with my petite scallop oval nestabilities. 'Big Hugs' is a Cuddly Buddly stamp
  • Paper: BG 'sugared' left over piece from an earlier card, so ripped it up and used as backing over an embossed pink card base
  • Other: self adhesive paper lace border from stash

This stamp is another range designed by Rachelle Anne Miller, Lily & Milo available from Glitterpot. They are clear stamps and I have found that some of them have thicker lines than what you may expect from looking at the illustrations and other stamps i.e loses some of it's sketchy appeal and I thought looked like a kid's colouring in picture IYKWIM. No, it's not my stamping, the actual acrylic lines are thicker but not on all of them. 'First Love', 'Angelface' are fine as I have those but I sent some of the others back (brilliant customer service from Glitterpot) so just a heads up in case you're like me and want them to look exactly like the illustration. If you're not that fussed then it won't matter.

If you love Rachelle's style then there is also another range of her stamps available from Sir Stampalot. Theirs is called Ladybug & Friends and are more expensive but I just couldn't resist as they are more of the animal illustrations that have been on Rachelle's blog and are beautiful (these are rubber EZ mounted and come beautifully packaged with a colour laminated index card - bit like the ones you get with the Rakle stamps)


16 comments:

Stempelchaotin said...

Oh my gosh, this is so cute. Fabulous color mix. Love it.

Diane.W. said...

Beautiful card,Fran :o)x

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card, love the distressing!
Stop making me buy stamps.

Debbie said...

Beautiful card fran

Anne said...

Very pretty card, love the colours and the cute stamped image :)

ink'n'rubba said...

wow! fabulous card and beautifully coloured. thanks for the info and tips about these stamps.

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

This is gorgeous Frances. Such cute images and beautifully coloured. Nikki x

wendy said...

wow...great card as always Fran!

Kathy said...

Fran - great minds must think alike!! You have to see the card I posted this morning and you will see why!! Of course I love your papers and the embossing!! They look fab together!! I also love your image and am waiting patiently (UGH) for mine!! Beautiful card!! (Thanks for letting me know I won!!)

Suzanne said...

oh so funny your slightly perturbed card is gorgeous Sue :o)

All Pink girl said...

Wow its gorgeous ,realy beautiful,Dawnx

Hannah said...

lovely card I love the image

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous card Fran, that stamp is so cute

Jo said...

Ooh, this is gorgeous Fran. Love the image (of course!) and the layout you've used is fab!

Kim said...

So cute what a great little pair they make! Kim sbs8

Ila said...

I love this card...your coloring and papers are just Gorgeous!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin