Thursday, 17 April 2008

' 3 birds with 1 stone' . . .

. . or to be precise, 3 challenges with 1 butterfly card. I planned to combine 2 challenges, the third was a fluke!

Daring cardmakers was to use a butterfly on your card (just made it in time!), PTW is to use glitter and Theme Thursday is to use stripes. This is what I came up with:

Materials:

  • Image: Butterfly is a Stampendous stamp. Sentiment stamp I've had a while now and can't remember make as it's unmounted. Butterfly coloured with prismas/sansodor then went made with my stickles glue - click on photo to see glitter better. flower gem in the centre. Butterfly wings are slightly raised with foam pads.
  • Papers: finally used some of my Laura Ashley papers I've had for a few weeks now! Circle cut with nesties then cut around part of the flower on the paper and placed circle behind it as I didn't want to lose the flower. Yellow scallop pieces cut with a die I just had to get when I saw it as I've got this thing for scallop edges at the moment. It's actually a 2 part die by docrafts for their die cutting machine and has another die with small handbags and flowers but I got it just for this bit! Works in my cuttlebug with c & b plates.
  • Others: ribbon from stash and just went over some of the flowers with my clear sakura stardust pen for more sparkle.

27 comments:

ink'n'rubba said...

Fab card Fran, love the sparkly butterfly and great combination of challenges! annie x

Sarah said...

A beautiful card! I love the colours and papers you've used.

xx :0)

Kelly said...

lovely card!

Willy said...

Wonderful card!

Stempelchaotin said...

Oh Fran this is wonderful. So great. Awesome.

traciejane said...

wow Fran this is gorgeous - I love the butterfly and lovely glitter :-)x

mar1ene said...

Another stunner Fran!! and well done on combining all the challenges :)

Femmy said...

beautiful card, love the butterfly!

vintage wil said...

beautiful card ,very nice color!!!

rattytatty@fsmail.net said...

Wow. Great card Wonderful work. Thought I recognised the paper. I hope you dont mind me saying this but I am running a competiton on my blog you have to use a Dovecraft product . Why don't you enter this . Its lovely. I won't be picking the winner the sponsor will but it won't cost you anything to enter it. just add a bit in your post saying also for Rattytattys Dovecraft competiton with link you've already said what Dovecraft products ( not the challenge post seperate prize ) though here is a link direct to competiton post
http://rattytattysblog.blogspot.com/2008/04/competition-starts-now.html
www.rattytattysblog.blogspot.com

nessy said...

gorgeous card and lovely colours together!!
vanessa xx

Debbie said...

Beautiful card Love the butterfly

ilonka said...

a beautiful card

Marja Sch said...

What a wonderful card. I love your butterfly.

Jo said...

Wow, this is gorgeous Fran!!

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

This is just so gorgeous Fran. I love it! Nikki x

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card Fran, the butterfly is stunning

CraftyC said...

This card is just gorgeous!!
Clairexx

Faye said...

Frances, that is a very beautiful card. I love the play on words.

Claudia said...

stunning.
love that sparkeling butterfly

debby4000 said...

Beautiful butterfly and great colours you've used.

Hannah said...

Fab card love the butterfly.

truutske said...

Very very nice card.
I love the butterfly.

Kris Dickinson said...

Beautiful work!

Silvia said...

A wonderful card in beautiful colours.

My Little Space said...

fab card, love it !!

Mandy

steph said...

That's lovely Fran! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin