Thursday, 27 March 2008

Tilda & Co #12 and a bit of fluke

The latest issue of 'cardmaking & papercraft' mag had article of how to make your own crochet flowers. Well, I've seen the ones that you can buy and I did always say to myself that if you knew how to crochet they would take minutes as my big Sis crochets and I know how easy the flowers are compared to what she comes up with. Anyway, along with lots of other things that I buy to try but never get round to, I knew I had some crochet needles and yarn knocking around somewhere so I dug those out yesterday and gave it a go! Obviously not that great but if I can find some prettier colour yarns and a bit more practice I think I've cracked it. They do literally take 5mins to make 1 too.

So, the fluke bit is that having played about with this I find out that DCM's midweek challenge this week is to use flowers but not premade ones, it has to be ones you make yourself! So decided to combine that with this weeks Tilda & co Sketch Materials:

  • 'Paris Tilda', fence, tulip grass and snail all Magnolia stamps. Snail stamped seperately and stuck on everything else done by masking & stamping over Tilda. Blue chalk background for sky. Used my Prismas & stardust pens as usual but whilst digging around found some pearl ex pigments which have hardly every been used and thought I could use those in lieu of twinkling H2Os. IRL it does add a sheen and sparkle which you can't see in photo (added to hat, ribbons and shoes). Added stickles to the tulips and glossy accent to snail shell.
  • Paper: actually made myself use a sheet from one of my BG pads LOL. this one is from 'Boxer'.
  • Rest: Image matted and layered with my rectangle nestabilities, SU 'lots of thoughts' for the sentiment punched out with SU word window punch. Then 2 of my experimental crochet flowers added with brad from stash!

16 comments:

Shary said...

Clever girl Frances!!! I'd love to have a go at making these as I think they are overpriced in the shops. Fab card!

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card Fran, love the flowers

Muckyfingers said...

I love your attention to detail, your cards are lovely xx

Susan (Sue H) said...

Your crochet flowers are really great Fran and a perfect match for the paper you've used.
Such a beautiful card!

Debbie said...

Love your card the papers are fab, what a clever idea with the crochet flower.

mar1ene said...

Wow.. gorgeous.. you're soo clever!! ;)

Stempelchaotin said...

Oh this ios absolutely wonderful. Love it.

Jo said...

Oh this is fabulous Fran and your flowers are brilliant....is there no end to your talents?!!

PS Don't know what happened to my siggy....now you see it, now you don't or vice versa!!

nessy said...

well here we go ~ another talent to add to your long list!! father xmas has a shorter list!!!
fab card fran!! love the colours!!
vanessa xx

Kathy said...

Everything looks so put together!! The dp and flower match great! What a cute image. Great job!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Oh so cute.....

Vicki said...

Wow!! I'm speechless, it's so gorgeous xx vicki xx

Nixe07 said...

Wow really great card ... absolutely wonderful!! Love it :)

Hugs
Moni

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, love the your crochet flower.

ink'n'rubba said...

fabulous card with Paris Tilda, and love your crochet flower, well done you!

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

This is beautiful - love it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin