Wednesday, 19 March 2008

PTW: Weather with you

PTW challenge this week is weather: So anything associated with the weather - whatever your interpretation! Under the weather, fun in the sun? Wind? Rain? Let's see what you can come up with lol!

For some reason I got this mixed up with the tilda challenge so looked for a Magnolia stamp (think it was card overload for me today LOL). I didn't want to use my windy Tilda and don't have the rainy but then inspiration struck when I picked up the hen stamp.

Materials:

  • Images: 'hen' and feathers coloured with prismas with glitter on top. Turned hen into weather vane by drawing in arrow and stand, coloured with green glaze pen (hubby commented how vanes are usually metal and not live chickens perched on a stand - the cheek! suppose should look on the bright side that he thought my 'chicken' looked 3D so at least my shading skills are o.k!)
  • Paper: scrap from previous card. cream pearlescent card blank embossed with cuttlebug folder to try and represent wind swirls
  • Sentiment: made with my Dymo and was a eureka moment as it took a while trying to come up with a wind related phrase that wasn't too long winded (ha ha - do you like that?!)

14 comments:

Kathy said...

That is so cute!! I love your punny sentiment! How creative...

Stempelchaotin said...

Oh Fran this is so beautiful. Lovely work.

Shary said...

Great idea to use the chicken Fran. Lovely!

Suzanne said...

What a cute little chicken image!! Great card. Sue :o0

nessy said...

ooooooh fran two minds think a like!! just put this challenge on my blog this morning!! guess what i have used??? (you`ll have to look now)LOL
anyway ~ your card is stunning as ever , (and see you have used that lovely tilda again, on your wonderfully cute creation below this one)
have a good day
vanessa xx

Andrea, said...

Fabulous card Fran, what a good idea

ink'n'rubba said...

fab card Fran, love the idea and the sentiment is inspired! I keep seeing this chicken, and think I might have to give in and get her/him!

Diane.W. said...

Fab!!!
I got this chicken too,I sooo need those feathers!!! :o)x

debby4000 said...

Wow what a great idea, lovely weather vane.

All Pink girl said...

Brilliant take on the challenge ,love it ,Dawnx

Jo said...

Great idea to turn him into a weather vane...your hubby sounds like he's got the same sense of humour as you!

Monika said...

Fab Card and Idea !!!!!!

Kim said...

Fabulous card....

Zimtschnecke said...

What a beautiful card! Great work!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin