Friday, 28 March 2008

PTW, something a bit different

PTW challenge this week was to use a sketch set by the fabby Katharina (her creations are amazing).

Anyway, I've not gone done my usual route of 'cute' only because I had some new bits to play with and one thing led to another starting with:

1. I got 2 of the new quickcutz revolution dies, the long 12" borders ones (flourish & scallop) earlier this week. Don't know about you, but had to try it out the day I got it. So I've had sitting on my desk since Tues, a flourish strip in purple and a scallop edge in white. Decided the purple flourish would be good for the central strip in the sketch and the scallop one would be the one going across it.

2. Got the new Laura Ashley's papers this week, so looked through those for something with a bit of purple in it which would be the background. found a nice creamy yellow floral one. Only now my flourish is too bright a shade of purple so have to tone that down with an inkpad.

3. Wanted to use the stamps that I got with it too. So chose the bird as the main image then tried to put it all together as per the sketch.

4. find it's a bit flat and need more purple but I don't have a coordinating piece of paper that I like so end up stamping and embossing over the white scallop diecut with a flower stamp and inking it purple and a matching bigger piece to go behind the bird. The bird which I have now masked and created a sun and sky scene with.

5.and so it goes until I end up with this and it took far longer than I planned!

Probably bored you to tears but just wondered if anyone else starts with wanting to use 1 thing and then it grows and changes until it's completely different to that vague idea you had. In this case it was supposed to be quick and easy. Not. Although it was fun to go back to basics and make my own background for a change just don't like the mess left behind afterward (desk looks like a bomb hit it), must be why I don't do it that often.

After all that, don't think I need to do my usual list of materials plus I don't have the energy to go into it all ! (unless you have any specific questions of course but it's all pretty basic stamping, masking and embossing)

12 comments:

debby4000 said...

Beautiful Fran, love the papers and the bird.

ink'n'rubba said...

what a stunning evolution into a gorgeous card!

Stempelchaotin said...

Wow this is absolutely stunning. Such beautiful. Love it.

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card Fran, love the bird stamp and the colours and papers are gorgeous

Marlene said...

Supergorgeous Fran :) love the stamp and the papers are Yum!

Oh.. and have a lookie on my blog ;)

Gwen said...

this is so so lovley fran!!!

Jacqueline van der Sar said...

Great card. Love the sun behind the bird!!

Diane.W. said...

You have made it look luvly,the bird stamp.I'm struggling a bit with mine,think they are rather "grown up" after Tildas!!! :o)x

steph said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

All Pink girl said...

Stunning card Fran ,love the papers and the image ,Dawnxx

Jo said...

Very pretty card Fran. I actually made a "grown up" one today but can't show it yet!!

Julie said...

Beautiful card

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin