Monday, 31 March 2008

PTW: Making Waves

Monday again, which means new batch of challenges. First one I've managed to complete is Papertake Weekly one which this week is 'making waves' - to use either scallops or zig zags in your card.

Well, I was half way through making this and it has scallops, so that was nice and easy!

Materials:
  • Images: Mice and sentiment from 'Party Critters' Penny Black They've done a few of these now where they have taken some of their old wooden stamps and shrunk them into 1 acrylic set which is great space/money wise and I quite like the fact they are smaller. However, I think this set is even smaller then their last 2 so they are dinky! So great for the smaller sized cards. Actually didn't use my prismas for a change but a cheap set of pearlescent watercolours I got from 'The Works' for £2.99 and am quite impressed by the shimmer (can't tell from photo) Added pink stickles to cake.
  • Card blank: is printed precut from a DCWV set I've had for a while now and am trying to use. I think I know why I haven't used them as I like my matting and layering and these last 2 cards I've made just look too flat to me but they are good for quick cards.
  • Others: main image cut with oval nestabilities and the scallop edge along bottom from quickutz revolution 12" scallop border die then holes punched out using my cropodile
  • Ribbon and star brads from stash.

19 comments:

Andrea, said...

Fabulous card Fran, I love that stamp. I haven't used that one yet!! Love your sparkly cake.

Diane.W. said...

Hi Fran! Luv your card! I have been looking at these stamps,think I might have to invest now!!! ;O)x

My Little Space said...

lovely card!
Mandy

Deb said...

Beautiful,love your scallops, such a gorgeous image

tiina38 said...

Hello! You make lovely card agen!!
my blog,
http://tiina38.vuodatus.net/

Shary said...

Aw cute card Fran.

Debbie said...

Great card Fran, Stamps are really cute.

ink'n'rubba said...

those mice are so cute! love the oval scallop.

Monika said...

wonderful card ,Fran.So lovely!!

kraftykathy1 said...

what a fun challenge, like the little mouse of to the side and glitter on cupcake

debby4000 said...

those mice are so cute, fabulous card.

Pearl said...

O too cute ! love the stamping !

steph said...

Beautiful card! Love the image and the layout is great! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

Anesha said...

sweet card, really like the stamped images.

Jilli said...

Gorgeous card, love the fab paper, great colours and cute stamp.

Sarah said...

A great card! You can't beat Penny Blacks!

xx :0)

Ella Bella said...

lovely card love the stamp, very cute :)

leann said...

So cute!
I have some of those paints too ~ glad it's not just me who's cheap... ;)

traciejane said...

gorgeous card Fran, I love the stamp - very cute :-)x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin