Saturday, 15 March 2008

PTW: Frame Card

This week's papertake weekly challenge was a fab frame card tutorial by Claudia. The frame itself is easy to make (thanks to Claudia's clear photo instructions!) but what does take time is decorating it! That's because I decided to do a scene picture with all my Magnolia stamps which I haven't really done yet (apart from my nephew's door hanger) and now I know why - it takes me so long!! Anyway, I made it for me just as a picture to sit on my desk so at least I know I'll appreciate the effort :)


  • All Images are Magnolia stamps (apart from 'home sweet home' which was printed off pc) coloured with prismas. Used sakura glaze pens on all the windows and doors of the houses so they reflect IRL, stickles glue in centre of flowers and all over sun (find 'stardust' is fab for a more clear silvery sparkle- the flowers, but 'rhinestone' stickles is fab for when you want a more golden sparkle like for the sun here and for the centre of the sunflower for my Ismaki card this week). Tried stippling my own cloud and grass background with chalk ink and a paper mask and it turned out o.k I think. Birdie stuck and dangled off a bit of metallic thread. Only patterned paper used was for the inside edges of frame and is what I based my colour palette around. The thing that took the longest besides deciding where everything should go was cutting around the fence!

32 comments:

Claudia said...

WOW.. this is beautiful.!
you shure invested a lot of work into this.

my gosh fran i love how you colored the houses!!!!

AND all the new Magnolias??? aahhh this is mean :-)

Wenche said...

I love your card! Fantastic! It's just wonderful!

nessy said...

WOW!! what can i say??? dazzling!!
it was worth all the time you spent on it!!
not going to try this challenge ,LOL ,~ but have just put my card on "cute card challenge" (guess what i used???)
vanessa xx

All Pink girl said...

Wow what a fabulous card ,great detail ,love it ,Dawnxx

Kelly said...

Wow - absolutely adorable! You did an amazing job on this, Fran. :)

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous card Fran, I love all the detail and the new stamps are fab

Diane.W. said...

Really luvly,but my goodness,Fran,how long must it have taken u to cut out that fence,eek!!!! :o)x

Jozza said...

Totally stunning!!! Don't keep it on your desk - send it to me! LOL xxx

Andrea, said...

Hi Fran, I think your card is fab and I would love to feature it on the Inspirational blog, http://inspirationalcraftblogs.blogspot.com/
The blog showcases inspirational artwork from around the world. If it's ok with you to put it on can you let me know.
Thanks
Andrea x

Deb said...

~Wow, Fran, that is just amazing! FAbulous!

There is an award for you on my blog

Debx

Gwen said...

Oh my heck Fran!!! this is just the most amazing card!!! what a fantastic job you have done!!

Andrea, said...

Hi your creation has featured on INSPIRATIONAL
Andrea

Vicki said...

OMG!!! Fran this is fantastic. I love how you colour the images, so professional. xx vicki xx

Kristine said...

This is AMAZING Frances! I just love it! And all the work you've put into it! I so understand you want to keep it yourself! So cool!

traciejane said...

wow stunning card, such attention to detail - its fabulous and I agree with Andrea it should be featured on Inspirational Blog :-)x

wendy said...

wow...wow...wow...wow... this is fab Fran...loving it!

Shary said...

Fran! What a beautiful picture and so much hard work gone into it, but well worth it. Gorgeous

Fae said...

This is absolutely stunning! Love it!

Jo said...

Oh Fran this is beautiful....your attention to detail is amazing!

Jane said...

Hi I really *heart* this super card, & your blog is fab too, I found you through the Inspirational blog!

PaperBabe - Kim said...

Stunning card, very detailed and cute!

jenny said...

Beautiful card, all your hard work was worth it :)

Kim said...

That is incredible - your coloring is amazing. Kim sbs8

Etha said...

Just wonderful! the whole scene and your coloring are super! So cute!!

kraftykathy1 said...

not just a card, but a work of art

Nancy said...

I just wanted to stop by and say that I think your frame card is AWESOME and just gotta love the Magnolias ...

I only wish I had some ....
take care,

sbs-8 nancy

mar1ene said...

GORGEOUS!!! love it all and am sooooo jealous of you having the new stamps already ;)

Hugs, Marlene x

debby4000 said...

absolutely stunning.

Tracey said...

OMG this is simply stunning, would be a joy to have something so beautiful sitting on my desk, can understand why you can't part with it.

Kathy said...

Wow!!! This card is a work of art!! Such attention to detail!! Fantastic!! Great job...

nins said...

really wonderful, i love all the d├ętails and the colours are great
bravoooooo !!!

Maggie from NH usa said...

Wow! that is great work. Such detail!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin