Monday, 24 March 2008

Nellie with Puppy

New sketch over on My Paperworld is fab and I used it to make this card for hubby's neice who will be 9 in a few weeks so thought I'd best make it now as it has to go all the way to Australia. I used Nellie with puppy as she has one just like it. Materials:
  • Image: 'Nellie with Puppy' stamp coloured with Prismas/Sansodor with stardust pens on Nellies jewellary and flowers on jeans. Her top is paperpierced.
  • Papers: Papermania, creative tones pack in raspberry
  • Others: Numbers cuttlebug embossing folder used for the beige strip across the card then dabbed pink chalk ink over raised bits. small Happy birthday embossing folder used in corner of card. Brads, flowers and pearl gems from stash. Added pawprint in versamark ink in top right corner as I thought it looked a bit bare and thought this was quite cute.

Hope it's been a good Easter for everyone as I think the weather's not helping with all the colds and bugs flying around at the moment. It's been snowing lightly today but nothing major, just a very cold Easter. Didn't stop me from popping out for a craft fix (well, no post today is there?!). Dovecraft's got new range of Laura Ashley papers and stamps out so some of them ended up coming home with me as they are lurvely :D. As with a lot of my papers/stamps I'll end up looking/hoarding them for a bit before I actually get round to using them!

19 comments:

mar1ene said...

wonderful creation Fran! and you made her look stunning!.. wasn't too sure about the new Nellies.. but once again you can change my mind :)

Hope you are well?

Marlene xx

Leonie said...

That's a great card! Love the colors and the stamp!!

~ Leonie ~

Anita Knits said...

Lovely card, like how you have used the embossing folder.

My Paper World said...

So cute Fran! Your colouring looks fantastic, and I love the embossed panel!
Thanks so much for joining in!
Nicola xx

Angie C said...

Such a lovely card

Gwen said...

yes I love this sketch!! you did a great job with it! I am for sure going to give it a try this time. love how you did the corner :)

Leonie Schroder - TotallyAddinktive said...

Fran this is gorgeous and you know how i love those magnolia stamps ... stop tempting me lol

Leonie SBS8

wendy said...

Great card Fran...im sure your niece will love it....

debby4000 said...

Lovely, I think the stamp is gorgeous. I know what you mean about new stuff.

nessy said...

wow!! love the colours - i`m sure any 9 year old would love to receive this lovely card!!
love the image, so cute!!
vanessa xx

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous card Fran, the stamp is so cute

Susan said...

What a cute card! I am sure it will be a winner for your niece. It has lots of lovely details.

Emma Phillips said...

Gorgeous card, lovely colours and the Nellie stamp is so cute x

Mucky Pup said...

Fab card! The Nellie stamp is really sweet and I love the colours you used.

ink'n'rubba said...

aww so cute! I've not seen this stamp before - she is sure to be a favourite with lots of people!

Tarasdesigns said...

great card, I love the stamp, must make sure I get this one

Tara x

Jo said...

Oh, isn't she cute! Great minds think alike, popped into Craft Central and came home with Laura Ashley papers and brads!!

Shary said...

Aw that is cute. Fab!

Zimtschnecke said...

Beautiful and cute card! I love the background papers you have used! Great work!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin