Sunday, 23 March 2008

Ismaki #11

O.K, headache finally gone so decided to try and do the Ismaki sketch before the new one's out tomorrow! I struggled to find the right image for this sketch and wasn't in the mood to dither tonight so just grabbed the top image on my pile of prestamped ones I have on my desk, which happened to be my candy off Funky kits. The bear stamp came with some papers so used them, as the optional extra on the challenge was texture and these papers are patchwork knitted fabrics. I've tried to distress the edges and added faux stitching round the bear but hard to see in photo. Materials:
  • Image: bear stamp from LCR range at Funky kits. coloured with prisms/sansodor. Went over the line by accident when I was blending so rather than cut him out I tried Marlene's trick and blended the colours over the line on purpose and she's right, it does look quite good. Will do it on purpose next time, thanks Marlene! Wavy stitching round the edge of paper is a stamp from HOTP set.
  • Others: blue cardstock embossed with cuttlebug folder for extra texture to the card. Also used a thin strip of the card to use through my Dymo and then went over text with silver sakura stardust pen - think it turned out quite well. Eyelets, flowers and pearl gems from stash

15 comments:

poupetteval said...

i love this stamp and the colours you used !!!

poupetteval said...

i love this stamp and the colours you used !!!

Deb said...

Fantastic card, I love this teddy, wish I got him now! Love the knitted paper, what a perfect background for the stamp

manue said...

Very nice and thanks for participating! Get ready for today!!!!

Gwen said...

Awww so cute! that seems like the perfect stamp :) That paper could not BE more perfect!!!

Leonie Schroder - TotallyAddinktive said...

Oh Fran well done ... not an easy sketch but I love your card ... Leonie SBS8

mu42800 said...

superbe carte, couture, papiers et tampon sont superbes
bizzz Mu

Anita Knits said...

Love the card, great colours, I might have to buy that stamp.

vavovir said...

Very nice.... Scrap bizzzzz

PaperBabe - Kim said...

Fantastic card love all the colours and textures!

wendy said...

loving this card fran. this stamp is soo cute and the papers are perfect!

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous card Fran, i love how his jumper matches the paper

Katharina said...

Lovely Fran! I also have this little bear and can't wait to use it now I saw it on your card.

Jo said...

This is gorgeous Fran...love the stamp, the colours and the papers!!

Etha said...

oh that background paper fits so perfectly with bear! nice ;)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin