Sunday, 2 March 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Here's the card I've made for my Mum, not my usual type of card but Mum's got more traditional tastes so thought I'd keep it simple and cute free! The text is chinese for Mum and the colours do all match IRL but for some reason ribbon looks different colour in photo.
Materials:
  • Image: Penny Black stamp from their brushstrokes range, inked with 2 colours then embossed with holographic powder for sparkle (again, doesn't show in photo).
  • Others:Matted and layered onto gold mirri card and piece of embossed green cardstock (with cuttlebug, what else?!) corner rounder punch, ribbons, gems, brads and wording printed off pc.

As we have no kids, me & Hubby will be taking my Mum out for Chinese 'Dim Sum' lunch which I've not had for a while, should be good. For all you mothers out there, hope your kids let you have a relaxing day and you manage to get some 'me' crafting time!

9 comments:

Etha said...

traditional or not, this is just plain beautiful :) love everything about this card, lucky mom you have!

nessy said...

what a lovely "classic" card fran.it is beautiful,i`m sure you mum is going to love it!!
vanessa xx

Ying Pang, said...

beautiful card, Fran. Do you stamp the wording ? hey, am just noticed you know mandarin?:-)

ink'n'rubba said...

beautiful card Fran, I'm sure your Mum will love it. And I'm being treated to a Chinese tonight too - but only a take-a-way!

wendy said...

Wow.... beautiful card! Love the colours!

I have given you an award Fran. Please visit my blog for details!

Wendy:)

Kim said...

How beautiful - way to be ahead of the game :) Kim sbs8

Jo said...

Beautiful card Fran. Hope you enjoyed your lunch. I've given you an award, take a look on my blog for details. :)

Gwen said...

wow!! very very beautiful!! I am sure she will loveit!!!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous Fran, beautfully thought out you Mum will love it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin