Monday, 3 March 2008

DCM: I am Woman. . .

and all 'grown up' ! This is my last 'elegant' card for today now as I had a fabby post day and have got lots of cute things to play with so am reverting to big kid after this (yeah!).

Anyway, this weeks challenge over at DCM is to make a card with a feminine image but no Magnolias, Nellies or Bellas! I'm glad in a way as there are plenty of other challenges I can use those on and this has made me go through my other much neglected stamps and styles.

Started with the image (from Hampton Arts) and made it up as I went along which ALWAYS takes longer (and I nearly gave up LOL). Ended up being a kickstand card with a twist, hope you like it.Materials:
  • Images: 'Wishing' stamp by Hampton Arts. Stamped with black brillance ink and clear matt embossed. Used Chalk inks round the edges and to water colour with. Added touch of glaze pen to dress and necklace. Sentiment from set by Hero Arts
  • Paper: sheet from 'William Morris' set from Joanna Sheen
  • Others: embossed cards with Cuttlebug folders and flower/brad from stash

10 comments:

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card Fran, I love the stamp so elegant

Stempelchaotin said...

Wow this is really elegant. Lovely.

nessy said...

fran is there no end to your talents?? they keep getting better!!
vanessa xx

Jo said...

Wow! You really are a talented lady :) Come on, spill the beans....what goodies arrived today?!

Lythan said...

What an absolutely beautiful card Fran. It is so elegant and gorgeous

Etha said...

very pretty!! the cuttlebug embossing and the background paper go super with the image, nice!

Jules {Creative Makes} said...

gorgeous!

Gwen said...

wow this is a real beauty!! so artsy! love it!!!

Kathy said...

Beautiful card Fran

debby4000 said...

WOW fabulous, I love the elegance and the colours.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin