Wednesday, 12 March 2008

Boys' boy

Seeing as the Tilda & Co challenge this week was 'Boys to Men' (to make something masculine)and I got some of the new goblin tildas last week I just had to make this door hanger for my 8yr old nephew who is such a boy's boy IYKWIM. Think you should be able to click onto the photo for an up close view.
Materials:
  • Images:'william with flower','Martha's snails', 'Goblin stub', dragonflies, mushrooms, signpost all Magnolia stamps coloured with prismas/sansodor. Added stickles to the dragonflies, glitter to the mushrooms and glossy accent over the snail shells and signpost. All cut out and stuck on, some flat, some raised.
  • Others: wooden door hanger from Hobbycraft covered with paper from Papermania 'springlife' pack. 'Go Away' is alpha stickers on a chipboard shape (from Brenda Pinnick alpha set off QVC, fab value & set but keep 'saving' it and not using LOL) which is attached with brad after cutting hole through wooden door sign with my cropodile. So 'go away' will swing up or down depending on his mood!

Still got the reverse side to do and to tidy off the edges but think will keep the other side simple and maybe brighter and 'nicer' like welcome or something!

(for anyone wondering the sign post says 'home' and 'yee yee'. I live literally across the road from my sister and 'yee yee' is what my nephew calls me, cantonese for Auntie!)

11 comments:

Vicki said...

Fabulous Fran. I gotta get me some of those stamps, he is adorable. Good luck with the challenge. xx vicki xx

Wenche said...

WOW! That is really, really cool! Lots of fun details, great job!!

mar1ene said...

Superb!! I'm still waiting for the last order.. but think that i'll order them UM next time.. might be quicker!!

Marlene x

Andrea, said...

this is fabulous Fran and I love the stamp, he's so cute, your nephew will love it

Diane.W. said...

Really nice! Good Luck :o)x

mariaadams said...

The goblins are actually quite cute aren't they, might have to revise my decision about buying them! Gorgeous, and just the sort of thing my 10 year old nephew would love.
Maria x

Deb said...

I so love this, so cute! Can't wait for my goblins to come, won't hold my breath though going off their track record!

Yee Yee is such a sweet name!

Jo said...

Another great idea....there's no stopping you now! This is the first goblin I've seen coloured and he's great!!

Tova said...

Excellent ! Love this version :-)))

debby4000 said...

This is brilliant, love all the bugs, exactly right for a boy.

ink'n'rubba said...

this is the first time I've seen the goblin boy used - and he looks fab! love the door hanger idea too.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin