Wednesday, 12 March 2008

ATC Challenge: Pretty in Pink

What a fantastic response to the ATC Challenge last week. Thank you to everyone who took part, especially those who made their first ever ATC with us!

I have to admit it took Tildas to get me to finally make an ATC too. I've always liked the idea of ATCs and liked looking at all the 'artsy' ones but would never know where to start so have had a pack of blank ATC cards for the best part of 2 years just sitting there gathering dust. Not anymore! With these cute stamps I found it much easier to just put something together and it's been great fun!

This week's Tilda & Friends ATC challenge theme is 'pink'. Which when I heard this thought Pretty in Pink which led me to this Tilda and Edwin which are too big for an ATC so I shrank them on Shrink Plastic!
Materials:
  • Images: 'Tuffe Edwin' & 'tilda med volena' Magnolia stamps, all other images are Pink Cat studio stamps. Stamped onto shrink plastic with staz on and coloured on the back with prisma pencils and with sakura stardust on bits on the front for sparkle when shrunk. Background stamped in black and pink then heat embossed with holographic powder. pink chalk ink applied all over and round edges
  • Others: Record was made with matt black cardstock cut out with my circle nesties and just kept together to make it look like those old vinyl records (for those that remember them!) and an eyelet in the middle. Brads added at the side to even out design.

Hope you'll pop over to see all the other fab DT work and join in again this week. Just remember it has to be standard ATC size and contain at least one Magnolia image. Also, don't forget to check out the new challenge blog 'Cute Card Thursday' as there's blog candy up for grabs too (see below for link)

14 comments:

Andrea, said...

fabulous ATC Fran, I love how you have used all the little images and the record is a fab idea, I was wondering how you had made it

leann said...

How fab is this Fran?! I fell completely in love with it when we had our little preview the other day!
Oh & thanks for saying I'm not pretty - off for a cry now... ;)

Shary said...

Great ATC Fran good idea to shrink them down!

ink'n'rubba said...

simply fab! great idea to shrink them to fit, now there's no stopping you!

mar1ene said...

This is soooo cool! love how you've shrank them

Marlene x

Diane.W. said...

Hi Fran,
Lovely ATC & luv the PINK theme,my fave colour!!!!
Will be bobbing over to the new Thursday challenge 2moz.x

nins said...

great idea to use shrink plastic
bravo !!!

Suzanne said...

This is so cute I love the theme !! Sue :o)

mariaadams said...

Fab!! I love the way you made the record, very 50's retro feel to it.
Maria x

Nixe07 said...

Wow great idea and wonderful designed. Great work :)
Hugs Moni

Deb said...

Fantastic idea Fran, the shrink plastic works so well on this ATC, you can fit so much more on!

Jo said...

This is great Fran....love how you've done the record, it looks so realistic!

Tova said...

Very great, love the idea of schrink plastic !!

Alison said...

I realy like this ATC genuis using shrink too.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin