Sunday, 3 February 2008

UKS Sugar Nellie Challenge #2 "Just paw U"

Another week, another challenge. Where does the time go? This weeks Sugar Nellie challenge is "Dawg gone it" and it's to use the doggy stamp from the range, so nice and simple and I've managed to complete it already.

Although still not as straight forward as you would think! I can never just whip up a card quickly. It starts out one way in my head but then something goes wrong or doesn't look right and so I end up tweaking it for ages until I like the look of it which can take a while! In this case, the sentiment wasn't supposed to be in the top right corner but I needed it to hide a mark from where I used tape (to hold my die in place when I was embossing) LOL. Then it didn't look right so had to find something to balance it out, ended up with a bit of ribbon in the opposite corner!

Good job I don't make 'em to sell en mass as I'd never be able to mass produce or make it cost/time effective :)

Materials:
  • Images: 'Angus' coloured with prismas/sansodor. Paw print stamp from stash( think it's from a store in London, 'Blade Rubber') That and the sentiment cut out with petite circle nestibilites 'Just U' are alaphabet peel offs!
  • Paper: from old DCWV black & white mat stack
  • Others: glittered cardstock used for the scallop circles behind the images which you can't make out in the photo. Embossed pearlescent card blank with large square frame using nestibilities die. ribbon from hobbycraft 99p a roll

12 comments:

Gwen Snater said...

Well you tweaked this one just right!! I love it!! I don't think a card it my head has EVER come to be on paper!!! :-D

Nancy Grant said...

This is so cute!
:-)

debby4000 said...

Wow cut card, he's so sweet. My cards never quite turn out how imagine too.

Kim said...

Soooo fabby.... don't have any Dawgs, but hopefully will join in next week...

Julie's Crafty Corner said...

Hi Frances, I have given you an award, check out my blog!

Love the card!

Julie
SBS-8

Katharina said...

You did a great job with this card. And I know what you mean. I also need ages before I get a card to look the way I want it to :)

Kim said...

What a cute puppy! Love that b/w combo. Kim sbs8

Jo said...

Wow! This is fantastic, so striking!

Sallyh said...

that colour combo is fab, your colouring is fantastic I would love mine to look like that :(
I have tagged you - sorry :) please see my blog for details.

Andrea, said...

Fabulous card Fran, that little dog is so cute and the black and white looks fab. I got my knitting Tilda - I think the translation went wrong somewhere!!

Lisa said...

Great card Fran and your post had me LOL as that is something I am likely to do.

ink'n'rubba said...

great card with the wee dawg! and perfectly tweeked, it's the kind of thing we all do, some with ribbon, some with big flowers!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin