Wednesday, 6 February 2008

Tilda & Co wk5:Romance/Buckle

This weeks' challenge: You can Either Choose to do a ROMANCE Or you can chose to do BUCKLE .

I'm all loved out (don't think DH would want to be snowed under with cards come the 14th well, not if they all just came from me anyway :) ) so I opted for Buckle.

Fo Buckle: We would love to see your Buckle Art Work, So buckle up and go with the flow!, You could use a buckle for a ribbon slider, you could make a buckle from scratch as a closer on a card? Or perhaps use a old Belt buckle? Once again any form of artwork counts aslong as it includes "buckle" & Magnolia stamp(s).

So, using the tutorial supplied by the fabby Claudia, I did a buckle card. Had to improvise with the buckle slot as I haven't got the SU window word punch yet (will be glad when I do as it will be neater and quicker)

Materials:

  • Images: 'SA07 Tilda med tarta' magnolia stamp. 'happy birthday' and 'make a wish' both Studio G stamps. Coloured with Prismas/sansodor and a touch of sakura stardust pens and stickles glitter
  • Papers: Dovecraft's 'birthday' paper pack plus scrap of pink spotty paper from my ever mounting scrap pile
  • Others: Card base made from teal pearlescent cardstock and nestabilities rectangle set used for cutting and matting using the same cardstock plus some pale blue glitter cardstock

Forgot to mention in my last post that I won something over on the Sugar Nellie challenge for last week's entry! I was so happy, as I NEVER win anything and I wasn't even expecting it as I hadn't realised there was a prize involved! Looking forward to my 'zoomz' now, thank you Kay :)

I'm loving all these challenges which make me use my stamps more. Just need one just for Penny Blacks, is there one out there?!

12 comments:

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous card Fran, fab colours.

Kim said...

That is really pretty! Great work. Kim sbs8

Rein said...

Fabulous card!

kraftykathy1 said...

Great work yet again Fran. A buckle card is on my list of things to do.

mar1ene said...

Stunning Fran, love it to bits!

btw.. been trying to locate one of them 'a little bird told me' stamps but no luck anywhere!! :(

Marlene x

ink'n'rubba said...

Fabulous card and well done on winning the zoom thingies!

Muckyfingers said...

Seriously cute and clever too. I love it xx

esther said...

Great fun and bright colours, and the use of the scalloped edge ties in well, I think you buckle is very neat! Well done :)

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card it's stunning.

Marlou said...

beautiful card!! :)

Claudia said...

youuuuu are soooo sweet!
thank you!!
i love your card.

Mucky Pup said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, the colours are wonderful :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin