Monday, 18 February 2008

Tilda & Co. challenge 7: String-Aling / My favourite colours

This week's challenge :

String, I would like to see the use of string on your Art Work, Be it a bit of trying holding the project together,
or what about it being the main focus of the work? or even could be used as a hanger to hang your project up. there is many uses of string on artwork ,
so please get exploring and see what you can come up with.

Materials:

  • Image: 'lapp Tilda' Magnolia stamp coloured with prismas/sansodor. Scallop circle cut out with petite scallop circle nesties

  • Notebook: Made with BIA. Pages printed off pc and cut up (A4 cut into 3, landscape). Cover made from 1 sheet of 8x8 DCWVcardstock(Glitter stack).

  • Others: sticky ribbon, cord and heart embellishments from stash

I was in the middle of trying out my valentine pressie from hubby, and was making a notebook with my Bind It All, so have managed to complete this challenge really early for a change!

I found some string (well cord, but same difference really) off a clothes tag I'd saved (more recycling!) and it was a perfect match so I just used it to attach a couple of heart charms to the notebook.

The notebook is for myself. One side for jotting down things I'd like to get or have ordered (!) and the other is to keep track of my spending :) It's on bits of paper all over my desk at the moment so thought I'd tidy up and try out my BIA in the process. The Tilda side is for my notes and the back of it looks like this and is for my accounts:

(Image is printed off PC. It is clipart of stamp which originally said 'cancelled' but I have edited it, so it now says 'Money doesn't grow on trees . . . rubber does! Inside cover: I have stamped a tree (Hero Arts) and around the edge I have written; 'my money trail . . or should that be rubber trail!')
The BIA seems really easy to use but I only did a slim book so haven't tried punching more than 1 set of holes yet, wanted to keep it simple for my first try. I can see I'm going to want to make books out of everything now, as it's soooo simple to put together LOL . Well Hubby wants one after seeing mine so got excuse to make another but he wants it in black, typical man!

Talking of colours, I don't have 1 favourite colour, but I do tend to go for muted, earthy shades alot, along with pinks and reds so I think this is a good example of the colours I like, for entering into Claudia's Blog Candy.

20 comments:

Kelleast said...

Love the paper on the notebook - they're some of my favorite colors, too. Cute idea to track your spending in the decorate notebook - maybe that would inspire me to track mine, too. :)

Gwen Snater said...

Very cute idea!! I have that paper...don't you just love it??

Andrea, said...

Wonderful notebook fran, love the paper and that Tilda is so cute.

Kim said...

That is so cute. I need to create one of those (my BIA is still in the box). TFS, Kim sbs8

kraftykathy1 said...

oh Fran between nestablities and no bind it all you are going to enable me to spend more!
great project.

Bubbles said...

That's one very lovely notebook!

Suzanne said...

What a great book,I love this paper I used it on the number Tilda challenge now it's nearly all gone boo hoo!!! Just one thing do you really want to keep a total of your spending!!! Great work Sue :o)

ink'n'rubba said...

love your BIA book - I think I need one of those for keeping track of my expenses too!

Shary said...

Great idea you are organised!! The papers are lovely.

leann said...

This is fab Fran!
Are you sure you really want to know how much you spend though? ;)

tillymint said...

What a wonderful project! The papers and the Tilda are really lovely. I don't think I'd dare keep track of my stash spending though!

Claudia said...

uh.. .thank you frances.
nice piece.. i had to look tho for my name hahaha... but i have found it.
thats a beautiful piece of work you have made.

mar1ene said...

Fab, fab Fran, really makes me want to finally get my BIA out, been stuck in the box since xmas.. and it needs some air!!! lol

Again.. fab!

Glitter Monkey said...

Fran this shouldn't be allowed - gorgeous colours, wonderful images AND practical - it's just fabby! Lol x

Jo said...

This is fantastic Fran and you add so much more to it with all your cleve ideas. Fantastic paper :)

Deb said...

Wow, this is fabulous, I so love it and want one! such a great idea and I love your printed image, so much fun!

megastamper said...

that´s a wonderful and great work, so cute and fantastic ... AMAZING

Anne said...

Fab little notebook, lovely papers!

esther said...

The string charm adds the finishing touch, not onlydoes this notebook look pretty its practical! well done!

Katharina said...

Wow Fran!! What a great creation. I can just give the compliment back, you have been very busy lately. Loved to look at all your fab projects!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin