Wednesday, 13 February 2008

Tilda & Co Challenge 6: Recycling Mothers

I think I mentioned in an earlier post that this week's Tilda & co's challange was recycling mothers! Or to be precise:

" I have had lots of ideas but the one I like the most is Recycling! Because I am a huge recycling freak I thought it would be good to have a challenge where you have to use an item that has had a former life.It could be a piece of card or paper from some packaging, cereal box card made into chipboard letters or shapes, ribbon taken from an article of clothing or chocolate box, old buttons taken from a garment etc.So This week we would love to see your Mothers Day Art Work involving Recycling along with of course Magnolia stamps."

Well, the only thing I could find that was suitable, was some ribbon which came with some PJ's I got over Christmas (and which some of you will recognise as I'm sure that's another gift favourite at Christms along with socks and smellies!).

Materials:
  • Images: 'SP08 Tilda with flowerbasket' magnolia stamp coloured with prismas/Sansodor. Flower stamp from Dovecraft's 99p range. 'Family' Sentiment from Hero Arts Used my Petite Scallop Ovals to mat and layer main image and sentiment with some brown and red glitter cardstock
  • Paper: from Dovecrafts' 'Amethyst floral' paper pack
  • Others: Red ribbon recycled from a set of PJ's shop wrapping pearl & gem brads from stash

13 comments:

Andrea, said...

Fab card, love the colours and that ribbon is lovely

mar1ene said...

Another stunner Fran, coloring is fab and love that stamp :)

The flower one is one that I do have! missed out on the other one went for too much in the end and I had to calculate the shipping on top!.. lol

Have a fab day!

Marlene x

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card Fran, I love the colour combo.
Many thanks for the gorgeous blog candy and I've put your fab card on my blog.

Gwen Snater said...

Very cute Fran...you did a great job! I really wanted to enter your challenge...but time got away for me :(
maybe next time!

Samm said...

This is great, love the colours! fab work!

Samm
x

Deb said...

Gorgeous card Fran, I love the ribbon you used. YOur colours are fabulous and I love the scalloped ovals!

Marlou said...

I love your card!!! its beautiful :)

leann said...

Gorgeous colours Fran ~ yet another stunner!
Oh & I'll have you know I'm not hiding anything under the flowers as you suggested ~ thats where I wanted them to be, OK??!!
x x x

Katharina said...

Wow, what a card Fran! It's simply gourgeous! I love the colours!

Kelleast said...

Adorable stamp and card - very cute!

Claudia said...

fran this is stunning.
looove this card

ink'n'rubba said...

Great card Fran, love that new Tilda stamp - I haven't got around to using her yet though.

Monika said...

absolut wonderful card,love it

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin