Friday, 1 February 2008

Scallop Card using Nestibilities

Materials:
  • Image: 'heart patch' & 'I love moo' Penny Black stamps coloured with prismas/sansodor
  • Others: card and mat and layers all cut with my square Nestibilites. Black card is glittered cardstock. Image and sentiment raised with 3d foam. Papermania flower brad added for a touch of colour.
Made this for my DH for valentines and also to show how to make a scallop card with the Nestibilities. Jo, this is just for you! It's very simple, just fiddly as you need to make sure the card doesn't move when you make up the sandwich to run through your machine.

You basically cut as you would a normal shape but with a folded piece of card as opposed to 1 piece of card. Just make sure the side with the fold is INSIDE the cutting edge of the die. How much inside depends on whether you want a straight edge or a more scalloped edge. Tried to show it in this photo with the 2 black lines. The bottom line is just below the v's of the scallops so would give you a straight edge, but if you move it up you will get more of a scallop, up to the 2nd black line which is as far as you can go otherwise you'd end up with 2 unjoined pieces.

For my 'I love moo' card the fold is on the left and you can see it's very scalloped. Photo below shows the card before I cut it (fold is on the right in this photo as it's face down) and you can see I've placed it as far to the edge as I could with just a tiny bit of the die left in view.For the embossed edges just use your normal sandwich for embossing and run through your machine again (I've got a cuttlebug). HTH but I'm not very good at explaining.

x

13 comments:

Gwen Snater said...

Oh I do love this cute card!! I am so curious about the nestibilities...I have a big kick...wonder if they will work with that.

Kim said...

How cute - I love cows and hope to get those nestabilities someday! Kim sbs8

leann said...

This is so cute Fran ~ glad I gave in & ordered some Nestabilities last night!
x x x

Jo said...

Fab card Fran....thanks for the instructions, I just need more Nestabilities now!! How is it everytime I visit your blog, I end up spending more money lol!!

Monica said...

Oh great idea to show us how this can be done, thank you, and the card is too cute Mxx

Marlene said...

Totally fabby :D

Can't wait for my embossing mat's to arrive and then I will definately give this a go!

About the tilda's... got more to come any day now.. lol!!
which ones did you order??

kraftykathy1 said...

super cute card, thanks for the tutorial. I got the cuttlebug for Christmas now I have the nestablities on my list. Thanks for enabling me.

Kim said...

Ohhhee fabbywabby cardie....

Etha said...

That's neat, thanks for showing the pictures how to align the card stock! Oh I love that fat cow, she is TOO cute!!

Deb said...

Lovely card Fran and the tutorial was very helpful!

Maria A said...

Hi!
I've been wondering about buying some of the Nestabilities, and whether they would work with my Cuttlebug. This tutorial was very helpful indeed. Thanks!
Maria xx

Nancy Grant said...

Awesome!!!!

Anonymous said...

Anyone who knows anything links london about jewelry understands the hierarchy of precious links of london bracelet metals with platinum being atop it. links of london charms While many people pine for gold, platinum is more highly prized links of london watches by the informed. Platinum is an extremely rare, links of london rings even more so then gold which in part the reason links of london necklaces why it is considered superior.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin