Monday, 18 February 2008

Not a stamp in sight!

That's right, I used my BIA to make another notebook for my hubby but not a single stamp was used as he's typical man, only wants 'manly'/minimalist. So as all my new cuttlebug embossing folders arrived today I decided to use those instead.

I'm so glad I got all the ones I liked all at once, as I think they are fantastic and the designs are even better than their first lot, which I love.

Anyway, here's his notebook in his favourite Charcoal/metallic colour if you can call that a colour!

Front & back:

Inside cover: added a small concertina fold out bit for hidden notes (hopefully passwords to all his accounts LOL)

Materials:
  • BIA to make Notebook
  • Covers made using 1 sheet of pearlised charcoal card from stash and 1 sheet of DCWV metallic card in 'gunmetal' . All backed with another sheet of card from stash. Used embossing folders (numbers collage, distressed stripes, diamonds in the rough) then just added ribbon, brads and metal embellishments from stash.
  • Papers and wording printed off PC

7 comments:

Jo said...

Great book Fran! Tell me, when do you find time to take a break from shopping to craft? hee! hee!

Suzanne said...

Stunning!!! Sue :o)

mar1ene said...

A fab project Fran :) and I think you deserve an award.. have a lookie at my blog :)

Deb said...

How fantastic, my DH is just the same, it took me 4 Valentines cards to get one he didn't think too girly!

Love the manly look to this and the confidential pocket is a hoot! Love it!

Where do you buy your cuttlebug folders, love them but need a cuttlebug to go with them, looking for one at the moment!

Gwen Snater said...

Awesome! I just knew if I came to take a peek I would see something great!!It looks like it is made of metal. so cool!!

debby4000 said...

Very manly indeed, still waiting for mine.

Etha said...

SWEET!!!!
like in: this is so cool, I love it!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin