Saturday, 23 February 2008

My first ever ATCs

ATCs (artist trading cards) have been another of my 'must trys' and I've had a pack of blank cards for ages now waiting for me to use them! (yes I know you can cut your own blanks but they were only cheap and I know they're all the perfeft 2.5x3.5 size unlike my dodgy cutting:D)

Well finally did it and made some last night as I'm taking part in a tilda ATC swap! (So look away if you're in that swap and don't want to see until after!) It was such fun, I made them in no time! I think because it wasn't a card or didn't have to be for any reason that I found it much easier and creative (only rule was it had to have a Magnolia image on it).

I basically just rummaged through my scrap box, found part of an embossing panel which was left over, so cut that up and used the 3 brown words as the main theme for my 3 cards and then just found bits of paper & coloured the tildas to match (although it was tough finding tildas to fit the little cards).
I made 2 of them 3D and they are stuck on with foam pads (although can't tell from photo) and I wanted to make them quite tactile so added texture with embossing and bits of metal embellishements and ribbon. What do you think? I really like them, so much so that I'm going to see if I can load it up as my banner! Off to have a play now.

17 comments:

Gwen Snater said...

These are so cute!! I never really knew what ATC meant...is it the size?? so...so...cute & looks like loads of fun to make :)

wendy said...

wow....love all of them. Soooooo cute...

kraftykathy1 said...

I have never done any ATC's either but great for swapping or displaying. so cute

Jo said...

These are absolutely brilliant Fran.....looks like your mojo hasn't gone anywhere! Hope to be able to join in with this at a later date (if it's possible!)

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous ATCs Fran, I got mine finished the other day. I love the papers you have used on them.

nessy said...

these are sooooooo cute fran!!! youreally must have had so much fun making these!!!

Claudia said...

FrAN-tastic!
love every single one

Kim said...

Those are so darn cute. I have just started making ATCs this week for an SCS swap and they are going to be very addicting :) Kim sbs8

Ying Pang, said...

wow, what a beautiful ATC, they are so gorgeous!!I haven't start mine yet:-(

leann said...

These are just gorgeous Fran ~ love 'em!

Katharina said...

Wow Fran, they are wonderful. You did a great job with placing the embelishments and not overdoing it. Great work!!

Ila said...

I love everyone of these!! They are all so Cute and Fabulous!..All your work is Gorgeous!! I am adding you to my Fav places...but I would also love to subcribe to your blog for updates...but cannot find a place for this. I'll be back!!

Trina said...

These are absolutely gorgeous!! Love your coloring and the layout. I am going to have to make some of these again!!
Thanks for the inspiration!!

All Pink girl said...

Wow these are gorgeous ,love them ,Dawnx

Shary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shary said...

Yes they are cute!!!

ink'n'rubba said...

Fran they are gorgeous! I am wondering now if mine are going to be half as good for the swap and certainly would love to have one of your little darlings back.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin