Thursday, 21 February 2008

Ismaki #7

Ismaki sketch this week is this, with the added option of metal:I think it's a great sketch but really struggled with it. I think it's because I like just using one main image or I'm just losing 'it' at the moment. Like I mentioned earlier, wasn't that happy with my first attempt, so then made this and still not 100% happy, but prefer it to my first one.
Materials:
  • Images: 'bee daisy' Stampendous stamped 3 times, coloured as usual with prismas plus some sakura stardust on the flowers and antennae. Sentiment from Studio G mini clear sets
  • Papers: Various DCWV paper packs
  • Others: Corner rounder punches and ribbon from stash

The first card I made which I wasn't too happy with is this:

The colours aren't as strong IRL, but I think I should have put the strip of pink behind the paper then there wouldn't be so much showing and the colours would sit better. Also didn't like my colouring on this as I rushed it and didn't use my Prismas (!), but water brush and some ink pads. Oh well, I did like the embossing and the eyelet bit!

28 comments:

Andrea, said...

2 great cards Fran, the bees are so cute and I love the papers you have used

Minna said...

I like both of these cards, lovely

kiki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kiki said...

2 très belles cartes !
ma préférence va aux petites abeilles :)
kiki :)

mu42800 said...

c'est que la deuxieme est une merveille
bizzz Mu

Suzanne said...

I love both of them there are both beautiful Sue :o)

Stempelchaotin said...

Wow they are so wonderful. Fantastic work.

mueppi said...

Ich liebe beide Karten!
Sie sind wunderschön!
LG Gisela

Valérie said...

Very beautiful cards ! I love the stamps and the colors !

megastamper said...

your spring cards are so lovely and fantastic. wonderful and brilliant.

Anonymous said...

tres tres jolie carte

http://www.cricriscrap.com

stephscrap87 said...

2 pretty cards...I prefer the 2nd you've made too!!!
thanks for the music!!!

Dani D said...

absolut great cards, i feel the spring

sabrina said...

les deux sont super belles
biz

Claudia said...

STUNNING

Katharina said...

A great interpretation of the ismaki sketch Fran. I sat this one out, because it didn't make "bling" with the sketch and I spent hours over hours to think about it. Without any success :)

Kim said...

Wow I think you did a great job!! Kim sbs8

100drine said...

Beau travail sur tes 2 cartes, lovely !

kraftykathy1 said...

great sketch. I actually do like the bee card the best- too darn cute and the papers rock.

Marge Robertson said...

I think they're both great! The bees are cute,but I'm always a sucker for flowers!!!

Marge SBS8

Marge Robertson said...

I think they're both great! The bees are cute,but I'm always a sucker for flowers!!!

Marge SBS8

cricri said...

superbeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Manue said...

So colorful and so cute! Love the 1st one!

wendy said...

both great cards!

Marsup said...

Très belles ces cartes!!

Tina said...

Wow both cards are gorgeous but the top one is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute.......
Tina x

bastelkueken said...

Both of them are great designed

coco said...

very funny !!!!! I like it !!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin