Sunday, 17 February 2008

Hmmm, Criss Cross card, not sure.

Materials:
  • Papers: K & Co 'Brenda Walton Maison' paper pad plus pink cardstock embossed with 'textile' folder
  • Stamps: 'celebrate' from HOTP clear set. flowers and butterfly are Fancy Pants 'from the garden'
  • Others: tab made using circle punch & folded over (can't wait for my SU tab punch to arrive, less hassle :D) brads, ribbon & flowers from stash

Thought I'd try a criss cross card, as it's been one I've been meaning to try for a while now. Not sure of the outcome, this sort of card is out of my comfort zone. Think I need better co-ordinating bits, all my stuff is from all over the place so have to match colours up as best I can and I don't have enough range of colours in my flowers/ribbons (need to rectify that :D).

Was going to use this for entry into Claudia's blog candy but not that happy with the colours. As the challenge is to use your favourite colour it's back to the drawing board. May go back to cute!

12 comments:

Suzanne said...

It is lovely but I know what you mean about comfort zone!! we do need to step out of it sometimes!! Sue :o)

traciejane said...

This is lovely, great combination of colours and texture :-)

Rachel Webber said...

It's a brilliant card! lovely colours. Keep stepping out of your comfort zone, you're really good at it!

Gwen Snater said...

I see nothing wrong with this card!! it is hard to match color when the papers do not come together! soo...ya hooo for you! you did it! I am thinking your comfort zone is getting bigger! keep going! :)

kraftykathy1 said...

I think it's great. love how you used cuttlebug to emboss tab on top of card.

debby4000 said...

I think this is lovely and I can't see anything wrong with it. I love the embossing and the flower.

Katharina said...

I like this card, but I love your cute creations!!!

Andrea, said...

This is a fab criss cross card Fran, I love the colours and the combination of papers. I keep meaning to make one of these, must do it

Deb said...

It is gorgeous Fran, I haven't got around to trying one of these but the more I see them the more I want to have a go, they always look sensational!

Julie's Crafty Corner said...

Lovely card, great colours. It is good to do something different!

Julie
SBS-8

mar1ene said...

Ohh.. but I think it looks fab! IKWYM when unsure, but this is only because of the comfort zone.. trust me.. this is great!! *Ü*

Hugs, Marlene xx

Marge Robertson said...

Fran,

I have to agree with everyone else; your card is awesome. Sometimes we all just need to be reassured, so trust us on this -- you did a fabulous job on this!!! ;-)

Marge SBS8

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin