Wednesday, 27 February 2008

1am, The earth just moved. . .

. . . literally! Earthquake in the UK, did you feel it?! Only 4.7 but felt quite strong to me. Being a night owl I was awake so couldn't miss it.

My whole room shook, thought I'd overloaded it too much with all my recent stash buys LOL

Honestly though, it was pretty strong considering the centre was over 180km away in Hull. I wasn't quite sure what was happening so googled it to find out what was happening. Here's the map of where people have already reported tremors and it's now about an hour after the event.

The last time I remember this happening I was around 11 years old and that was way weaker.

Ooo that was very surreal, not used to this sort of thing in the UK, don't know how people who live in proper earthquake areas cope! Hope there wasn't too much damage where you are, will check the news and find out in the morning. Night night!

12 comments:

ian gordon said...

it was good for me.

(Nottingham)

nessy said...

didn`t feel a thing fran! saw on your map it was reported on the south coast!!! was all your craft stash ok???? nothing missing or broken (you might need to buy some more!!??) LOL
vanessa (nessy) xx

debby4000 said...

So disappointed slept through it.

Samm said...

I didn't feel a thing down here in Kent but blimey, bet that was scary!!!

Samm
x

Jo said...

Wish the earth would move for me!!!!

wendy said...

I felt it fran...my other half leapt out of bed thinking we had been burgled...it was sooooo funny!

Deb said...

Nothing this far up! Saw the reports online earlier, was quite shocked, glad it wasn't worse!

Suzanne said...

slept straight through it!!! Just to let you know I have used the shrink plastic on the Tilda's for the ATC swap!!! Sue :o)

ink'n'rubba said...

well all was quiet in Cornwall. Hope everyone is ok.

Bubbles said...

Hi, we felt it here in Norfolk, I thought the heating had gone potty but it didn't explain why the bed was shaking!!! Thankfully the children slept through it.

leann said...

Missed me completely!
Do kinda remember the last one too ~ wasn't it during the day? Seem to remember running round school telling everyone the world was about to end...

Gwen said...

Oh my heck!! I have never been in an earthquuake! but a tornado...YES! sounds a bit scary!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin