Thursday, 10 January 2008

WooHoooooo. . .

. . . my set of prismas FINALLY got here AND I've finished my calender!

I ordered set of 120 prismacolors before christmas, and I knew they were sent 18th Dec but they've only just arrived today (it's 10th Jan :o) - that's our postal service for you. I know you've got to allow for increased mail etc, over christmas but I think 24 days is a bit much! Anyway, at least it's here now, was just concerned it was going to get 'lost' in transit. The freaky thing is, I ordered some more paper stumps last week and they happened to arrive today as well! So will go for a play later.

And here is the last page of my 2008 calender!

My sister, over in Florida, bought me lots of cute stamps from 'Eat Cakes Graphics' for my christmas present, so decided to use some of them for this page. I love them all, so being indecisive I used 3 of them and did a collagey type scene. The girl swinging off the snowflake was stamped twice, the snowflake part straight onto the page and the actually girl on a seperate piece and stuck on with foam pads. All coloured with watercolours then added stickles glue to the snowflake. Finished off with various xmas embellishments from my stash.


Materials:
  • Images: 4 different stamps all from Eat Cakes Graphics (can't remember all the names)
  • Others: bottle cap embellishment, 'noel' & holly are decorative buttons and the rest are ready made 3d stickers

O.K off to sharpen 120 pencils so may be gone some time :) (also need to tend to DH who has case of 'man flu')

18 comments:

Samm said...

Fab calendar!!! love it!! you have been splashing out on the new stash!! :)

Samm
x

Han said...

Wow look at all those pencils how lovely - excellent calender. xx

debby4000 said...

Wow look at all those pencils you will have to let me know how you get on with them, not sure if I can justify the expense and then not get on with them.
Love you last month of your calendar.

ink'n'rubba said...

how's the sharpening coming along? I love your calendar pages, those are such cute little stamps!

Jo said...

Lucky you having a sister in the States AND getting all those pencils! Calendar is fab....well done on completing it in such a short time.

Kim said...

Wow those pencils look awesome. Love your calendar pages! Kim sbs8

Marge Robertson said...

Hope you got some time to play after all that sharpening! Glad they finally arrived; 24 days is a bit too long!!!

Marge sbs8

Donna ~*~ Tilda & Co ~*~ said...

wow thats alot colours there i may have to get some then one day, as for the stumps? ok u have stumped me! what are they? what they do etc never heard or seen them in my life before lol

stampgalaxy said...

oh WOW, love those stamps.

Kay (SBS8)

Donna ~*~ Tilda & Co ~*~ said...

thanks for the comments fran my emails working now i had forgot to put in co.uk!! DOH!

id love to hear what you think of the new pencils so drop me an email? if you like ( it does work now lol)

As for the new tilds i know there is knew ones out , but i only get mine from uk at moment, but ithought best get the ones they do now before i start on all the new designs lol i have seen them already and there is atleast 20 i want! oh mr bank manager ............. will flutter my eyelashes @ my partner later i think.

Lisa said...

Fran thank you for leaving me a comment on my blog.

Your work on here is amazing, I am currently asking myself why oh why did I look at the link for eatcakegraphics LOL.

My Paper World said...

Your calendar looks fantastic!

** Isa ** said...

Wow you lucky girl!!! I'd love some prisma pencils, I'm sooooooooooooo jealous!!! Eat cakes graphics stamps are pretty cute and funny too -re lucky you!!!!!! Very cute calendar too and some fab cards you've got on here! Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog...

Hugs xxx

kraftykathy1 said...

Glad you finished your calendar. Congrats on that and your new pencils.
kathy sbs8

TotallyAddinktive said...

Oh now dont you just love those prismacolors??? sooo noice to work with mmmmmmmmm Leonie SBS8

Etha said...

oh your calendar looks like so much fun!!
them pencils, yumm! I have that pack but mine are not all sharpened yet. I just sharpen as I go and need them and am curious if I ever will feel the need to use ALL colors. Some are always halfway down and I will need to replace them, good thing you can also get them single at the art store.

Sallyh said...

Well done on finishing your calender, it's gorgeous, and those pencils... green with envy lol :)

Gwen Snater said...

WOW you lucky girl!!! & it looks like you really know how to use them!! cute card!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin