Wednesday, 30 January 2008

Tilda & Co Challenge : Baby

This week's challenge bit harder for me as I don't have any obvious 'baby style' magnolia stamps which is what this week's challenge was . .."For this weeks challenge i would like to see you all make something "baby" related, Be it a card for a newborn baby, be it a album for baby photos? would about a scrapbook page about a baby? Anything goes once again so let you imagination take over on this one.".

There's quite a few challenges I want to do this week so wanted to stick to a card as in theory it should be quicker to make. However, I can start off with an idea and then change it as I go cos I don't like the look of it and it ends up taking me ages to finish lol. So here it is,
Materials:
  • Image: "JU07 Tilda med ballong" Magnolia stamp coloured with my prismas/sansodor. cut her and the balloon out seperately and used a plastic pearl trim ribbon thingy (don't know the proper name! but in the trims section of fabric store!) for the ballon string. 'girl' sentiment from Studio G's mini stamp sets. Ballon and Tilda stuck on with 3d foam
  • Card: cut from folded piece of cardstock with my largest square nestibilities die, just kept the folded part inside the die cut.
  • Paper: from papermania's 'love' paper pack
  • Others: Flower brad, ribbons and chipboard sticker from stash
It's not very babyish, is it, but it's the best I could do! The colours are more girly IRL. The whole thing was based round the paper which was left over from my last card and then I wanted to try using my scallop nestibilites for a card rather than just for layering. It hasn't ended up how I planned it in my head but then they never do!
Thinking about it this would also fit in with the papertake weekly challenge as there's hearts in it!

15 comments:

Kim said...

Wow that is just precious! Kim sbs8

stampgalaxy said...

Fran,

It's fabulous. Very marvellous job of it.

I know what you mean, I'm struggling with it for the same reason.

I love the way you used the Nestie to make the card. Was it hard?

Kay SBS8

Mélanie said...

I like it ! The embossing paper is beautiful ! :)

Andrea, said...

Fab card. I love using the Nestabilities to make cards, they look so cute

Jo said...

Fran, this is absolutely gorgeous! How did you use the Nestabilities on the edge of the card? Tutorial please!!

kraftykathy1 said...

those nestabilities rock! it would still be a very special card no matter what age.
Kathy sbs8

Sallyh said...

Oh wow :) what a great idea for the nesties, I have only got circles so far but hope to get the others soon. gorgeous colours

Etha said...

Oh that looks wonderful! I HAVE to try cutting a card with the wizard, yours looks too neat!!

Katharina said...

This is sooooo wonderful Fran! I love the colours and the sentiments in her baloon! Terrific!

debby4000 said...

Wow gorgeous Fran, I love how you've made the card.

ink'n'rubba said...

Fran, it's so sweet! I love the way you've coloured Tilda in soft colours, I've only every used bright colours with this image. And detaching the ballon is a good idea too, definately easier to cut out that way!

Marlene said...

Luuurvely :)
See you've succumbed and got the PM paper.. haha,

Luv,
M. x

Donna ~*~ Tilda & Co ~*~ said...

Lovely work,thank you for joining in over @ tilda & Co and i do hope you will join in next week, we have a special challenge being set next week with some surprises! so drop by check it out!

leann said...

so cute Fran :)

aurelei90 said...

so beautiful !!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin