Sunday, 13 January 2008

Quick Sugar Nellie Card

O.K only got a quick card to show as haven't done much since my last post, been too busy just drooling over my pencils but not actually used them that much LOL I'm like that with new papers etc, anyone else like that or am I just weird?!

The 120 set of prismas are A-Mazing, I am so in love with all the different shades available, means I should be able to match my colouring to all my eclatic mix of papers I have (I know you can mix your own colours but I'm no good at that!). I just grabbed this Sugar Nellie I had ready stamped and just picked background paper for her and coloured her in to match. The colours are better IRL but the flash has washed out the colours in the photo (the lighting here today is absolutely awful, talk about wet and dreary!)


Materials:

  • Image: shopping Sugar Nellie from limited Sugar Nellie set coloured with Prismas & Sansodor

  • Paper: from 'All Occassions' paper pack from English Paper Co

  • Embellishments: sticky ribbon and brads from my 'stash'. 'sassy' is part of a stamping bella stamp. 'Girl' is from 1 of the cheap £1.49 clear 'Studio G' stamp sets.

  • Others: Corners cut using concave punch from EK Success

Will be trying out my prismas some more when the new batch of challenges start tonight and tomorrow. Someone made the comment (and so did my DH) that I could just sharpen the pencils that I needed but I'm a bit sad with things like this and like to have them all ready and arranged. Did anyone else think the order they came in are a bit funny? I rearranged them so they make more sense. Managed to not get a blister but thumb was a bit sore after all that sharpening!

I've been naughty and done some shopping on the web this weekend -can't even stay in and not end up spending anymore lol. Been after some Rubber Romance stamps for ages and finally got some, owner of Rubber Romance is actually selling them direct now, unmounted, which is what I was after and postage only $4 which I thought was fab. Then I made the mistake of going onto Glitterpot and ended up buying some more paper pads (like I need more :p), plus some Penny Black stamps from US, to add to my collection! Also got a couple of Fellas from stamping bellas as I don't have enough 'guy' stamps (any excuse). This is what happens when the £:dollar exchange rate is soo good (not if you're the other end of the pond obviously)

Thing is, there's a load of lovely new Magnolias coming out very shortly and I know I'll be wanting those too but have promised myself that that will be the next and LAST purchase for a while! You should check out their website or if you go over to UKS some of the DT girls have already made up some lovely cards. And on that note, of trying to make you join me on a spending splurge, I shall say 'au revoir', until next time!

7 comments:

Sallyh said...

Ooh lovely card. No your not strange wanting to sharpen all the pencils I would be the same, if I didn't do them straight away I wouldn't use them :)

Jo said...

Lovely card Frances......I'm just the same, I buy new stuff then sit there and look at it, put it away, then go back again. It's usually a while before I use it!!

kraftykathy1 said...

sweet card, have fun with your pencils
kathy sbs8

stampgalaxy said...

Wow, what a fabbie job of colouring. I love that card.

ink'n'rubba said...

lovley Nellie card, glad you got to the end of the sharpening! I'm waiting on new Tilda's too - I hope they make enough for the tidal wave of orders from the UK!

debby4000 said...

Great job using the pencils, she looks great.

Nancy said...

brilliant !! I love that stamp!

p.s. I'd sharpen them all too .. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin