Wednesday, 23 January 2008

Penny Black Stamps & Pen Pot for my Sis

As you may have gathered by now, I love my stamps and Penny Blacks are one of my favourites but they aren't exactly cheap if you live in the UK so I tend to buy from US.

My latest buy just arrived today (ordered 11 days ago so not bad turn around from US) and thought I'd share as the service was brilliant, shipping was reasonable and he's literally got the whole back catalogue, so great if you're after some of the older ones. Some of you probably already use him but for those that don't, try HM Stamps for your Penny Blacks. I'm not connected in any way but thought it's good to share. He also does House Mouse stamps but I'm not a fan and some others too. It's not a great site to navigate but it does the job. Out of the US sites I've used he's probably the best in terms of price Vs range/shipping time (think Perfect Stamp store is cheaper but you can end up waiting WEEKS for it to arrive and I don't think they've got as full a range although they do more of other ranges).

Haven't done this weeks PTW challenge yet, (will probably use one of my new stamps for that now :)) so the only thing I've got to show at the moment is a little pen pot I decorated for my sister. It was just a plain 99p wooden pot from WH Smith's and I've just covered it and decorated it. Probably not to everyone's taste, this is more collage/eclactic.The charm hanging off the front is a spoof romance novel cover. It's a stamp I have had for ages (part of a set) and is perfect for my sister as she loves all these historical romance books and this cover is hilarious. I've just stamped & coloured it on shrink plastic. the rest is just paper, stickers, ribbons and my fantastic cropodile to punch the holes in the pot. If you want to see close up of the stamp I used, try here

Off to do a bit of blog surfing now and see if I can stay away from ordering the new magnolias (been good so far!)

5 comments:

stampgalaxy said...

ohhhh, that's lovely. I'm a romantic novel kinda girl, so I'm sure she'll love it.

Kay SBS8

Jo said...

I use HM Stamps as well...he's so helpful and relatively quick..got some PBs on the way as I speak!! Love your pot.

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous pot,love the stamps.

Kim said...

How beautiful this pen pit is......

Thanks for sharing the penny black info.....

ink'n'rubba said...

thanks for the link - I could get lost there for hours! Love your pot and that spoof novel is fab!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin