Friday, 4 January 2008

Our cards to each other

Thought I'd post the Christmas cards me and my hubby made for each other before they get put away.

DH doesn't normally make me a card but as it was getting close to Xmas and he still hadn't bought me one I 'suggested' he make it instead! I gave him a pile of my prestamped images to choose from but apart from that he did the rest. I was very impressed with the result . . . IRL her face looks a little 'sunburnt' and the cookie tray looks like it's burnt (maybe he was saying something about my baking lol) but we had a good laugh and I love the effort he put into it.

My card to him was also using image from Magnolia's stamps (can you tell they are my newest 'toys'?!). I saw a sliding pop up card in a magazine I'd never tried before so gave it a go. Have shown it flat, opened up and the side view so you can see how it slides open . .


Card isn't that christmassy looking but DH has a green puffy gilet just like that so had to choose colours to match! If you're wondering what the title says its 'Tubs' & is what I sometimes call him - play on words as I jokingly say he's my tubby hubby (he may not look it in the photo on my blog but if you saw what he looked like when we first met all those years ago, you'd understand :) )

4 comments:

debby4000 said...

Brilliant card, I love how it stands up. May have to have a go at this.

kraftykathy1 said...

so sweet, like the pop up feature.
kathy sbs8

Kim said...

Those cards are so precious. Your DH should be proud! Kim sbs8

Donna ~*~ Tilda & Co ~*~ said...

Hi there i have noticed how you have a love for Magnolia ( Tilda stamps) & thought i would let you know about my new blog i have created , it is a weekly change blog and challenges start every Sunday, Today is our first day of going live and we are offering free blog candy to 2 lucky people for our first week If interested then goto Tilda & Co Challenge Blog

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin