Tuesday, 1 January 2008

March

Welcome to 2008! Hope you all had a good night.
I'm a real homebird and so is my DH, so it was a quiet evening in, just the two of us! Got to see lots of fireworks without leaving our house though as we have a clear view both front and back (only fields at the back) and always get to see some fantastic displays lighting the sky for miles come Bonfire night & New year!

Managed to complete 2 more months of my calender. March and I think of spring and daffodils so this magnolia stamp just sprang to mind. I wasn't sure how to lay her out at first but this is how it ended up after some trial and error (see pic below where I originally had her, she looked like she was floating in mid air!!!!)

Full length . .


Close up. . .Again, all I did was watercolour the images apart from the fence which was coloured with my sakura glaze pen to give it a gloss paint look (all images are magnolia stamps apart from the tree in the background which is new set of 4 from Hero arts, tree for each season), then Tilda was cut out and stuck on with foam pads. The title is cut with my sizzix mango tango alphabet set. Then just a couple of stickers I had added to the bottom of the calender and amongst the title.

Just to give you a laugh, this was what it originally looked like, it doesn't look as obvious here, but IRL she looks like she was levitating! . .

1 comment:

Jo said...

Wow, you really have been a busy girl! Love all the pages you've done so far and can't wait to see the rest of the calendar!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin