Thursday, 3 January 2008

June, Plus some new goodies


Oooh, look, my first goodies of 2008. They're the new spring collection from Penny Black and I couldn't resist when I saw Happy Stampers already had them in stock. I ordered late Tuesday evening, and they arrived today - I love great speedy service and it was free P&P :) But I'm determined to finish my calender first (although I'm sure I can use them on some of my remaining months, just not Feb!).

It's been lovely getting all the extra 'traffic' to my little blog and all the lovely comments, really gives me that extra boost to keep this blog going and not to get lazy with my crafting!

I'm slowly getting through my calender (which was a blank calender bought from the Papermill shop for those wondering). Only managed to complete June yesterday as I've spent much of today, spring cleaning the hard drive of my computer. Had loads of pictures of cards I've made in the past which were all over the place and thought I'd better tidy it all up and back them up before I lost them all! Have you noticed my little slide show at the top of my blog?! That's some of the cards I've made from the last 4 years only (didn't keep a log of them all before that unfortunately).

Anyway, here's June, which conjures up start of nice summer weather (well, in theory anyway, but this being UK not guaranteed) so wanted something fun and sunny which is what I always feel when I look at any of my Penny Black stamps. . .

Full length . .




Up Close. .


All images stamped and watercoloured direct onto the calender, apart from the leaping frog with flower. He was stamped onto seperate piece of card, cut out and attached to the calender via a strip of clear plastic so that it 'floats' off the page like it is leaping. Then just stamped a Hero arts sentiment (from set called 'handwritten for you') and added some paper flowers and brads.


Names of stamps used:



  • Frolicking frogs

  • Jump for joy (the frog in the 'air')

  • Love bugs

  • Hobble & Cuddle (the hedgehog & snail at bottome of page, it's just 1 stamp but I stamped the 2 bits seperately)

3 comments:

Jo said...

Great page. I think PB must be my favourite stamps. Great minds think alice - got a card coming on my blog tomorrow with a PB frog!!

Samm said...

What a great idea! your calendar looks great!

Samm
x
SBS8

debby4000 said...

Love the frogs, great page for June.
Debby
SBS-8

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin