Tuesday, 22 January 2008

Ismaki Challenge Wk3: Nellie 'With Love'


Here is this week's Ismaki sketch challenge, which I found much easier than last weeks, thank goodness! Tried to use the template as well but my poor brain's not quite up to the challenge of trying to do both and it didn't look right so just kept it simple! here it is . .


Materials:
  • Image: Nellie off 'Sugar Nellie Kit' from Funky Kits coloured with Prismas/Sansodor
  • Paper: 'Nostalgia Warm' papermania 8"x8" paper pack love this pack, it's all pale muted pinks/blues/beiges which is much better IRL
  • Others: tag cut from sizzix super scallop tag and covered in paper to match. Added faux stitching rub ons along the top of the pocket and across the tag and card. panel of taupe card embossed with cuttlebug's script folder with flower added to it with pearl brad. Die cut stickers and ribbon from stash
Oh, have you noticed my watermark on my photos?! I know it's not great (DH says it doesn't actually cover alot of the photo which I know is really the whole point, but I don't want it to, plus who's really going to want to 'lift' my photos anyway!) I'm quite pleased that I managed to do this as I don't have photoshop so the tutorial I've seen around for that was no good to me! I've just got some freebie software my DH downloaded (paint.net) and I seem to get on ok with that so just played around on that. May change it in the future but for now, it'll do.

On another note, I can't quite believe how high my little counter is spinning round and that I'm already over the 2000 hits. When I started in Oct I wasn't sure how if anybody was going to read my blog and just did it assuming I was talking to myself :) So thank you everyone!

I've noticed how blog candies seem to be quite popular and I think is fun so I'm going to have to see what I can do and maybe sort something out for when I reach 2500 as a little thank you. Will have to sleep on that.

33 comments:

Claudia said...

my goodness frances... this is beautiful.... dont forget to sent this card to sugar nellie, if you havent done that already :-) i bet you have a great chance to win some stamps.

thanks for you kind comment on my blog today

Gwen Snater said...

First of all...good job on the watermark!!! I need to try that.
Second of all THAT card is just DARLING!!! I think you did a fabulous job!!

Stempelchaotin said...

Frances this is so wonderful. Lovey stamp and fantastic colors.

Andrea, said...

Such a pretty card and great colours

Jo said...

This is gorgeous Frances..will have to keep my eye out for those papers! Congrats on the hits, doesn't surprise me as your cards are great!

Tova said...

Pretty card, love colors

mu42800 said...

ouaoh magnifique carte

COCO said...

BEAUTIFUL CARD !!!!

stephscrap87 said...

very cute card,I love this stamp

Kelleast said...

Adorable card - thanks for including the sketch. I'll have to try this one!

megastamper said...

wow how cute is that .... it´s so fabulous and adorable ... GREAT

Anita Knits said...

What a gorgeous card, great colours, if really is fantastic. Well done, keep up the good work, love checking out your blog - it inspires me and I certainly need that at the moment

Jay Jay said...

Wow I really like your card. Wonderful colours and all!

Elisabeth said...

On en mngerait ! cela rappelle les tons des nounours en guimauve. J'adore !

All Pink girl said...

Wow gorgeous card ,love the colours ,Dawnx

Iris said...

Oh what a great card

tillymint said...

Gorgeous card, I love the soft colours and the stamped image is so sweet!

Mlaure said...

Wonderful !!!

Scrapmumur said...

Gorgeous card!!! and beautiful colors!!!

kraftykathy1 said...

I had to pay someone to do my watermark, so it is fine. BTW the card is awesome!

bastelkueken said...

this is so beautiful - I like the colours - great

Marlene said...

This is fab Frances :) must admit my 'nellies' have been pushed to the back of the drawer of late, maybe it's time to let them out again and play!!

Kim said...

That is so pretty! Kim sbs8

wilwarine said...

c'est très doux comme carte, très joli.

Kianel said...

really cute card,
thanks for playing,
ISMAKI team (Mag, Isa, Kianel)

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, love how you've used the words.

Anonymous said...

really cute !
Michou

CALLISCRAPCART said...

mignonne cette petite carte.

Manue said...

Really cute and I love your interpretation of the sketch.

Lori said...

Gorgeous- Nellie really suits those pale pastel colours and I love how you used the sketch too!

ink'n'rubba said...

love your card Frances and all the little extras you've added. annie x

kiki said...

très jolie carte !!
kiki :)

galinette said...

what a beautifull card! I love it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin