Saturday, 8 December 2007

Xmas cards . .

. . full steam ahead. Need to get cracking with them, good job I'm not making to sell (although I may need to soon as I've slowly built up small mountain of finished cards that have yet to be used! Unfortunately not of the christmas variety which is what I need at the present) .

Made 3 today, seeing as how crap weather was outside it was perfect for staying in.

First 1 is for my sister over in America who had a special request for her card this year. She said, quote . . "card with palm trees, cute dog and a tree frog or 2 with some of your sparkling dust"!! She lives in Florida and has loads of palm trees in her garden (which I call a forest, as compared to my back garden it is!) and she has a dog called Poppy who loves to go after all the tree frogs hence her rather strange request. Anyway, here it is . .


The doggy moves! and the tree frog is on the inside of the card with Happy Christmas written across it. It was the best I could do, apart from the doggy everything was printed straight onto pearl card from my printer using clipart I found online.

Materials:
  • Dog image: Penny black stamp, 'Merry puppy' watercoloured and cut out and made into a slider which moves along the card
  • Everything else printed off PC with the presents and baubles decoupaged and glitter glue added

Next one is made using my other SU set I got off ebay. It's a row of snowmen in a semi-circle which I've stamped twice to create a circle. Kept it fairly simple and originally only had the 1 snowflake in the centre but then I went and smudged the bottom right with black ink off my other card . . . AHHH, but I was determined to salvage it but hiding it behind another snowflake, what do you think? . . .

Original clean card . . .

after, still clean. Smudge, what smudge?!! . . . LOL
Materials:
  • stamp: SU 'world over' set
  • background: embossed with Cuttlebug snowflake folded
  • Embellishments: snowflakes cut from sizzix snowflakes #3 (I think) set. Papermania brads and ribbon

Final 1 tonight is one of my poor neglected bellas . . .


nice and simple to make, just cut out with my oval nestibilities and some gems and a bit of ribbon.

Materials:

  • Image: stamp 'sockafellabella' from Stampin Bella
  • Sentiment: stamp from doodlebug christmas set
  • Oval nestibilities die in classic & scallop
  • backing paper: Pink Petticoat

Talking of Bellas, you should check out her blog Bloggabella as she's offering free shipping for orders over $25 at the moment and she's got some looovely new bellas out. Dare you to resist ;>

Thats all for now, Frances x

2 comments:

Jo said...

Lovely cards Frances, I particulary like the SU World Over stamp - fantastic!

wendy said...

Great cards again Fran

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin