Wednesday, 19 December 2007

Pocket Cards

Been quite constructive today, tidied up my blog which I've been meaning to do for a while now (added list of blogs I look at, websites of my fave stamp companies and a little mood icon and clock which I saw whilst surfing other blogs) and have been busy making christmas cards for my family whom I'll be seeing in person so no need to catch the post!


This one is for my sister, who saw another of my cards and commented on the blue/taupe colour scheme so decided to use those colours for her card. Had to use maggie in her PJ's as my Sis and her 2 kids love their sleep/comfort plus she has a thing for teddy bears so ideal! Used my nestibilities die and papers are from DCWV. The doodle frame round the handwritten sentiment is from a new set from Autmn leaves which I fell in love with.

The next 2 cards are for my niece and nephew who are now too old for presents (when I say too old I mean 14 & 15!) and have asked for money instead - teenagers, what can you do?! Oh well, saves me a shopping trip. So instead I've made them money cards.

The money is inside the tag card which is tied together with ribbon and this is placed in the pocket which makes up the front of the card.




Materials:
  • Stamps: Magnolia stamps from this year's Christmas range
  • Backing paper: DCWV and Dovecraft
  • Dies: Nestibilities classic & scallop oval. Sizzix super scallop tag
  • Embellishments: fabric flowers, jewelled brad, ribbon, alphabet stickers. Woodware white 'fluffy stuff' puff paint for the trim on the hat.

All images have been coloured using watercolours which I'm not liking as much as using prismacolour pencils but I have just sold my set of 48 prismacolor pencils because I loved them so much! No, really, I originally bought them cos I wasn't sure if I'd get on with them and was being sensible going for the cheaper 48 set. However, after having them for only a week I fell in love with the effect you get using them over watercolours and really wanted the 120 set lol! But I couldn't really justify buying 120 AND have the 48 set, so managed to sell that at a bargain price to someone over on UK scrappers which made me feel less guilty in buying my 120 set - happy all round!

So in the meantime I'm having to use my watercolours which I'm not so keen on anymore so I hope they get here soon but I doubt it, as it's coming from the US.

On that note, I shall sign off as it's getting rather late and I need all the beauty sleep I can get :)

4 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh my goodness your cards are fabulous.

wendy said...

As usual Fran your cards are fantastic.... loving the kittle nellies!

Wendy

Claire said...

WOW your cards are fab!! Very inspirational!

Kim said...

Beautiful cards.....
ps where did ya get your prismas from, I look but there are so many different ones I am frightened incase I get the wrong ones!!! lol

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin