Friday, 28 December 2007

Papertake Weekly challenge, Shop Til you Drop

Hello. Hope you all had a fantastic christmas. Braved the shops today but didn't really get much clothes/bargain wise as the crowds and queues were a bit crazy, you'd think everything was free! Instead went into papermill store and some new spring bits (brads and papers from the papermania range) ended up in my basket lol!



Talking of shopping saw this weeks' papertake challenge and have decided to take part. Have always been meaning to but christmas got in the way! But am going to try and do this on a regular basis now. This weeks challenge is Shop til you drop. ". .Anything to do with shopping this week, what with the sales round the corner lol!! Handbags, shopping bags, dollar/pound signs etc etc!! "

Had to take part as I've been itching to use 1 of my new bella stamps and I needed to start making the blank 2008 calender I bought ages ago (preferably before the year ended !) and I could kill 2 birds with 1 stone by doing this . . . (it's a long thin calender, so just photographed the picture, the date part of the month is below the image)
I just coloured her in with water colour pencils and sakura stardust pens for the bags, image cut & layered with my petite scallop circle nestibilities (xmas pressie from hubby : ), got the full set along with the full square set too!) added some shimmer chalk round the edges and round the calender page itself. Then just accented with patterned card and some stickers.

I've just got the other 11 months to do now, can't decide whether to stick to all bella images or whether to just choose the right image for the month. Hmm will have to sleep on it. That's all for now.

6 comments:

Andrea, said...

Fab card, thats a great stamp

steph said...

Great idea!! Glad you decided to join in with the challenges! I love that stamp - waiting for mine to arrive....

All Pink girl said...

Lovely card .great colours ,Dawnx

pretty-pink-cards said...

great card.. great stamp... great colours

Caroline x

My Paper World said...

This is gorgeous!

Kim said...

Great card, that bella dropped through me door saturday well pleased....

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin