Friday, 21 December 2007

Merry Christmas!

Can't believe it's only 4 sleeps till Christmas, where has the time gone?! Don't know about you but it's freezing here on the Wirral. However, had to venture out today as I needed to go get my hair cut desperately. I tend to go get it cut to about shoulder length (it's just straight and layered) then just leave it until I can't ignore it anymore which is usually about 3 to 4 months! I could never have a style that needed regular trims etc, I just can't be doing with all the phaff.

All my presents are wrapped, cards done, just need to do 1 last food shop but I don't have christmas dinner to worry about as we tend to get together for a big family christmas lunch/ dim sum at a chinese restaurant as my mum wouldn't eat roast & come to think of it neither would my brother or his kids (very fussy eaters!) However, this year it's changed to evening dinner so I was going to do a roast but my sister has invited me & hubby round for lunch at theirs as my 14yr old niece has decided to cook it this year! I'll let you know how that turns out!

Having said I'd finished my cards I do still have my hubbys' to make. Always the same, every year, no card till last minute. He always laughs at me and says what kind of a cardmaker am I, it's like a butchers shop with no meat for sale! Anyway, here are the last 3 I've made. All using my Penny Black stamps which have been neglected of late due to my new found love of all things magnolia and sugar nellies. I just love these stamps, always makes me smile when I see them. Just used some Dovecraft christmas papers and Papermania Christmas ribbons. All images watercoloured (still no sign of my prismas, post has been unbearably slow this christmas) and cut out with my nestibilities dies.

I did make one other card for someone over on UKS but I can't show it yet in case she sees this, as I only posted it yesterday. We found out we'd each got sent a duplicate magnolia but ones that we didn't have so we did a swap! So I had to quickly make a card to send with it as it had to fit in a small envelope so couldn't use one already made. Don't know about you but I find it more difficult/nervous making a card for a fellow cardmaker in case it's not good enough! So, I hope she likes it and I will post a photo of it later on once I think she's received it.

I've also noticed there's this site which I'm thinking about taking part in but I might wait until after Christmas now. It's basically hooking up fellow cardmakers/bloggers together into teams of 20 and I think is a great way to get to know fellow crafters.

O.K enough rambling for now.

Just like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and hope you all have a lovely time with your families/friends and get all the crafting goodies you wanted from santa (assuming you've been good this year) !! :)

Love, Frances xx

2 comments:

wendy said...

Great cards Fran.....Just to wish you and your family a very merry Christms!

Wendy

Anonymous said...

Great cards fran. Like how you used the wizard dies with pattern paper, looks really great.
Have a merry christmas. Anita

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin